Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Du ma
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I was wondering if you guys have any experience with any spray paints that have a plastic,Matte looking finish to it. I'm currently working on my Double DIN mount/trimming to fit my Nexus and would like to return it to a near/similar OEM-like look to it. Doesn't have to be exact but the closer, the better.

So far I've tried using Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric however it gives off an odd shine which is quite weird looking. Flat black paint is a bit out of the question since it gives the trimming a cheap look to it and not plastic (I've tried it before also but it just looks plain wrong).

If you'd like to see more pics of it, you can find my mini DIY here.

Thanks in advance.

Mods, feel free to move to the correct section if it's not in the right one.

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Look for "trim paint" or "trim and bumper paint".
I used that on my rear view mirror mounts and they look perfect like plastic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Let me know if you need help with wiring. I have a nexus 13 in dash eith timur kerenl and it's bad to the bone.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Du ma
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me know if you need help with wiring. I have a nexus 13 in dash eith timur kerenl and it's bad to the bone.

Thanks for the offer man, but it was easy since I still have my bluetooth headunit and only needed a wire to charge. I posted a link of my DIY up there.

My next project is to incorporate inductive charging and to delete the headunit. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh gotcha. Yeah I just run the nexus through a external dac to the bose factory amp. Actually sounds pretty good. I thought about using a aftermarket deck to run in through. I also added a 12v 75mm fan behind my set as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts