Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 347 Posts

·
エアロキット&#
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

One of my favourite pair of wheels has arrived from Japan, I would guess they were from a R32 or R33. Size is 17x9 +17. My car has been sporting Kosei K1's 17x7.5 for years so I decided to step it up a bit with the same wheel in one of the most aggressive sizes Kosei Japan made for Buddy Club years ago.

Photos below show me test fitting them with the stock front fenders, my plan is to run 255/40 tires and run some custom FRP fenders in the front in due time. Well, thats it for now. So reverse staggered setup for now, until I find a lower offset pair for the rear to replace the kosei's.

Enjoy.

·
Unpopular Opinion
458,195 Posts
:love: :drool:

SF or QF?

I'm getting QF's Here in a bit.

·
:)
15,547 Posts
wheels look good man!

·
Vietnamese Singer
28,049 Posts
I've been looking for these and the SFs in a good size for sooo long!! But hardly any US distributors have them in stock, I'm mad jelly man! They were my favorite wheels for the longest time. And yeah I wish I was baller enough for the QF ones.. :rain: Looks good lol

·
エアロキット&#
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been looking for these and the SFs in a good size for sooo long!! But hardly any US distributors have them in stock, I'm mad jelly man! They were my favorite wheels for the longest time. And yeah I wish I was baller enough for the QF ones.. :rain: Looks good lol
Your best bet would be to browse the yahoo Japan auctions via importmonster.com (browse>yahoo) and then go through Jesse Streeter to import them for you. I was searching and searching for this size- there are quite a few listed there from time to time.

·
Unpopular Opinion
458,195 Posts

·
エアロキット&#
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here they are with the Federal 595 RS-R's 255/40/17 mounted for test fit.

I don't want to pull my stock fenders so I will be making a custom set from some frp fenders in a couple months about 20mm wider.

·
Unpopular Opinion
458,195 Posts
Damn I love that fitment and front lip. What are your plans on the fenders? I'm making a Frp set with a back vent that are 15mm for EPs. Working a spare oem set, then I plan on making a silicone mold. I plan on laying it up with carbon fiber or Kevlar to match my wing.

Homemade custom part crew in. :thumbsup:

·
:)
15,547 Posts
leave it, looks great with the stock fenders!! Does it scrub?

·
エアロキット&#
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn I love that fitment and front lip. What are your plans on the fenders? I'm making a Frp set with a back vent that are 15mm for EPs. Working a spare oem set, then I plan on making a silicone mold. I plan on laying it up with carbon fiber or Kevlar to match my wing.

Homemade custom part crew in. :thumbsup:
Nice, using a silicone mold? It doesn't react weird if you cast resin into it? I have made silicone molds before but never to cast FRP parts.

I plan on making a set 20mm wide, open in the back with a line that continues through to the door using a cheap set of FRP ones here in Cali that I will cut up and modify. It will need a break in it somewhere so the door can open. Then the skirt will be modified to match, and also an extension piece to the front bumper and lip to match the wider fender.

·
エアロキット&#
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it really pokes too much and I would need some heavier negative camber to dial it in, which I don't want to do right now. Not sure if it scrubs, I didn't drive on it yet as the car needs to be raised up first.

1 - 20 of 347 Posts