Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will 02-03 tein springs & shocks fit on the 05-06 model?

if so is there any differnce in how it will ride or is it the same exact thing?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also... why is it when u take off suspension on the rsx's and put it back on the alignment goes way out of wack... not like on a eg civic or a dc teg... u can do that with no issues...

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
if your just trying to swap the springs it's not going to work, the front are wound in different directions for the different years. If your swapping the whole suspention then they will fit. By springs and shocks you must mean coilovers and those will fit on both years. also anytime you change your suspentino your alignment is going to change....fact of life not car.

·
广州本田
250 Posts
Yes if you change the whole coilover assembly it will fit

Changing any cars suspension geometry will affect alignment, sometimes more sometimes less, need less to say an alignment is a must after even a small suspension adjustment.

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
if you change out the spring AND shocks from the 02-04 and put them on the 05/06, then it will fit. BUT if you just take the springs from the 02-04, then they won't fit on the 05/06. something like the springs are wound a different way, something something

also, the alignment goes out of whack because of how our suspension is set up. I am no pro at this info, but i'm pretty sure it's been covered before. maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in. if not, i'm sure you can find the answer by searching

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok one more question... a guy is sellin 02-03 tien s techs mounted on stock shocks but they are off a base model

will that bolt rite onto my 05-06 TYPE S

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
^^^^yep will work

·
DC5 Krew
2,827 Posts
u have to do a direct suspension swap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts