Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last wednesday my car got both back tires hit with nails. i went to les schwab, where i bought my tires, to have them patched.
They patched one but the other had the nail in the sidewall, so they gave me a temporary tire.
The tire was alittle smaller 205/50/16, the tread was well worm, and it was not balanced properly.

Today i was to go in and get the t1r i ordered.
It happened to start raining today when i was going to get my tire so the roads were wet - when merging onto the highway onramp the back of the car broke lose and i began to lose control which caused me to slide off the road and down an embankment into a chainlink fence/some small trees.
Now my cars front is fucked, AND the back temporary tire they gave me was blown while all my other toyos were just fine.

anyone think i can get les schwab to pay for my repairs cause they gave me this shitty tire which caused my accident?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You drove your car in potentially slippery conditions with a known bad tire and you want him to pay?
they gave me an unsafe tire to use until my order came in. the day i was gonna go get it changed it rained, and it cause an accident.
the temp tire should have been able to hold up in rain and not blow out..

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
So last wednesday my car got both back tires hit with nails. i went to les schwab, where i bought my tires, to have them patched.
They patched one but the other had the nail in the sidewall, so they gave me a temporary tire.
The tire was alittle smaller 205/50/16, the tread was well worm, and it was not balanced properly.

Today i was to go in and get the t1r i ordered.
It happened to start raining today when i was going to get my tire so the roads were wet - when merging onto the highway onramp the back of the car broke lose and i began to lose control which caused me to slide off the road and down an embankment into a chainlink fence/some small trees.
Now my cars front is fucked, AND the back temporary tire they gave me was blown while all my other toyos were just fine.

anyone think i can get les schwab to pay for my repairs cause they gave me this shitty tire which caused my accident?
absolutely, get pictures and maybe a lawyer involved.

·
PC Load Letter?
8,345 Posts
they gave me an unsafe tire to use until my order came in. the day i was gonna go get it changed it rained, and it cause an accident.
the temp tire should have been able to hold up in rain and not blow out..
:iamwiths:

The tire blew out, definitley not your fault.

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
oh nooooo sorry to hear man, hope everything works out for the best... you might be able to atleast get them to split your insurance deductable or something? curious to know why you didnt use your spare tire that came with the car...

·
Banned
4,449 Posts
CHeck your work order to see if they put any disclaimer about the temporary tire. Why didn't you just use your spare?
Blanket clause disclaimers are bullshit and are easily dismissed in cases with serious merit.

·
Murderator
23,101 Posts
That sucks.

Yeah, they should have to fix it. I'd see what they said about it first, and if they refuse to pay then call a lawyer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

well last night the police officer and the toe truck guy said the tire blew out.
but after picking it up this morning from the yard, it was inflated so i drove it home - having to stop every few intersections cause the engine was overheating.. :firemad:

Even though its still inflated, the tire has low tread and is too small for the car.
grr!!
i didnt use the spare cause at the time when i got the flats i went straight to les schwab - they fixed one and gave me a free temp tire so i figured it would be better than driving on a doughnut tire..

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Why in the hell would you drive your car with the radiator in that condition?

·
Long Live RSX
482 Posts
Good thing you didn't get hurt.
Your insurance and les should cover the damages.
If you get no where with les, try getting a lawyer.
If still no luck with les, you could file a complaint with Better Business Bureau.
Good luck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts