Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i've recently got my HIDS spw hella 7500k from impex motorsports in san gabriel blvd (so. cal) and when i turn on my HID, it flahes once, then it's normal.......is that right? is it suppose to flash once or something? and also, i kinda see a lot of the floor and not really on the street...........do i aim the bulb higher? and how do i do that?

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
yeah, when it flashes, it's lighting the bulb.

you should adjust them not straight out like the oem ones, but down a bit, so that you don't blind everyone. it should hit the ground 20-25 feet in front of the car....... thats how mine is and all the street signs on the side and even on the stoplight poles still light up....... and you get flashed less.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Good choice there, I got SPW 9000K and they were purple as hell. That little delay is normal, and I also recommend that you aim the beam down. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey my beam pattern is differnt, when i aim it at a wall, one seems more condensed in one spot and my passenger side one seems to scatter more. and when i am driving, peopel say that one of them is higher then the other, and also my beams are aime to the floor, and i see that the shine on the floor is weird, it's like slanted, also do i need a groudn wire thing for my hid? what should i do about my beams?

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
k, so they're misaimed, your friends told you that. so aim them.

don't aim them on the floor, aim them on a level wall or door 20 feet away.

does the spw kit just plug into the factory harness? if so, unless you want to replace your factory harness down the line, you shouldn't have put it in without one. (IMHO) you need a power lead off the battery, or another spot, an inline fuse going to the ballast power to ignite the bulb. then you need a ground going from the ballast to a barespot on the body ( you can reuse factory grounds )

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no i mean the pattern is differnt, i tried aiming it a lot for about an hour but it's not the aiming, the whole beam is different

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no it's not just the lightoutput that's different but the actual pattern is different, one is like more scttered ten the other one and the other one is like more condensed at one spot (more light) and it's clearly noticeable and i don't know why it's like that

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
okay i went to the shop and the guy said it'snot the bulbs fault, he said it might be the reflector because the reflector is what makes the beam pattern, is it the reflectori need to check? he also said i can bring it to a mechanic for light aiming and they should fix everything? is that right?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts