Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 04 Auto Base. Since last week my car has this really annoying squeaking noise coming from the trunk. This noise would only occure on bumpy roads. If its a straight very smooth road I would not hear a thing. To be exact its coming from the driver side rear. I tore all of the carpet and the foam that covers the spare wheel and had my brother lie down as I go up and down bumpy roads. He had determined that the noise to be exact is coming from the driver side rear. I also had him stay in the middle of the street as I drive towards and away from him. He said he can easily hear it from the outside. I searched and read about 5 threads about this same problem but everyone that had that problem had aftermarket suspension. Im pretty much stock except for a aftermarket exhaust and aftermarket wheels. Ive had those two items for a year and a half for the exhaust and 3 months for the wheels. Would could be the problem? Would it be the bushings as I hear in most of the threads related to my problem? Im about to lower my car on tein s tech springs would that fix anything???

·
Registered
753 Posts
It could be a number of things, but the things I would check are: exhaust hangers, exhaust heat shields, strut, spare tire, spare tire tools, jack, suspension bushings.

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts
Do you have the ITR wing? Mine squeaks a little bit, but that's because I didn't have the foam peice to put inbetween the wing and the trunk lid.

·
インテグラ DC5
1,447 Posts
make sure u tighten ur taillight screws. i had the same problem for a while then i figured out that they where just my taillight screws. i may be wrong but wouldnt hurt to cheack.
let me kno how it goes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just to throw out another possibility.

Look in the seam at the top of your rear bumper and bottom of the tail lights. See if you can see evidence of rubbing. I had my bumper repainted under warranty and they lower the bumper just a tad.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no pretty much is stock ...i wish i had a type r spoiler...suspension is the stock automatic one...the noise is driving my crazy...i dont think its the tailights cause i told my brother to lie back there while i stripped all the carpet stuff and that plastic cover that is in the middle of the trunk...so basically right now when i brake i cant easily hear the back wheels brake being applied...i also took out the spare as well as my brother put his ear there and said it was definately coming from the driver side rear...

i dont kno if it might be the rear bumper...sounds like a loose bolt but definately something metal rubbing against something...any more suggestions?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just remembered i changed my brake pads a few months ago...more like 3 months ago...at the time i didnt change my rotors...my brother did say that he heard it from the outside as he was on the curb and i drove past him...would bad rotors that are wearing out make squeaking noise like how brake pads make noise when they are fading

·
Registered
638 Posts
Long shot and unlikely... I had a pretty high pitched squeak coming from the back right side of my car (I swore it was back right, passengers agreed). Took me like 2 months to figure out it was actually the front, dead center. The hood latch assembly was cracked a bit, and I could see metal scraping on metal. I know it's a long shot, but check it out...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts