Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Firefighter/Paramedic
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure what it is, but there seems to be a squeeling noise from what appears to be my front passenger side of my car. it almost sounds like maybe something is rubbing against the rotor, but I don't know. it happens while Im driving, and sometimes while I brake also.

ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
yea i have the same problem, I sprayed some degreaser where the swaybar is and it went away for about an hour and then came back...

·
Got Polish?
7,858 Posts
I have a similar problem. It doesn't happen all the time but I just did my brakes on all four sides and when I lightly press down on the brake pedal sometimes it goes errrrrr. Could this be just a sound from the brake pad hitting the rotar really lightly? It makes the front feel as if I am going down a road with deep groves in it. Cant figure it out , I checked the backing plates and they are not touching the rotor so I am lost.

·
I don't know you
16,615 Posts
it really soudns like the shims rubbing against your rotor. time to get new brake pads, most likely. and do it fast, or you will need to resurface that rotor from the metal rubbing on it.

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
Im not sure what it is, but there seems to be a squeeling noise from what appears to be my front passenger side of my car. it almost sounds like maybe something is rubbing against the rotor, but I don't know. it happens while Im driving, and sometimes while I brake also.

ideas?

Thanks
Does it come and go or is the noise always there? Did this occur randomly or after you had service done, or after you ran over a pot hole, etc? I'd blame the dust shield but it could be anything at this point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts