Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a cheap SRI for $5 and was driving with it for a while now. The vtec popped like crazy, it was fast in 4th, 5th, 6th on the freeway

I was driving yesterday and had to pass someone in 4th gear on the freeway and noticed i feel no power. I drop it into 3rd so I hit vtec and it sounds stock now. I've ordered a new air filter but i doubt its that. I've reset the ECU, added oil, tried everything.

Any idea what it can be?

2002 Type S 102k

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
The broken glass effect.

Heat soak, it has always been slow, the placebo effect has been neutralized

·
Registered
174 Posts
On hot days I can feel the heat soak on my short ram. Definitely more pep on cold days lol. I just bought a BMC enclosed filter to hopefully counteract this. Keep the filter high and run a snorkel to the fender well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DUDE TALK ABOUT RESTRICTION..

I bought the intake used for $5 like i said. The previous owner used some duct tape to make the filter sit more snug I'm guessing. Well he put a lot more duct tape over the pipe to make it longer or something.

When I took off the filter I noticed that the duct tape got sucked in and there was an opening of about the size of a quarter for the air the pass through.

I cut that shit off and put it back like it was. The car feels normal now. It felt like a civic EX before.

Thanks for the help.

And that vtec pops yo

·
Certified Ziptie Tech
419 Posts

I bought the intake used for $5 like i said. The previous owner used some duct tape to make the filter sit more snug I'm guessing. Well he put a lot more duct tape over the pipe to make it longer or something.

When I took off the filter I noticed that the duct tape got sucked in and there was an opening of about the size of a quarter for the air the pass through.

I cut that shit off and put it back like it was. The car feels normal now. It felt like a civic EX before.

Thanks for the help.

And that vtec pops yo
So you bought I for 5 bucks and didnt bother looking over it to make sure it was sound?:ugh:... Lucky the tape didnt get sucked into you engine

I added multiple vtecs to my car for ultimate performance
The previous owner to my car had 3 vtecs so I added 3 more, cars stupid fast now:coffee:

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts

In the 'problems and solutions' section; I always ask if there was a previous owner and if it was likely that they did some stupid shit. It's the first step of diagnostic procedure.

Glad ya' got it figured out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts