Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NightSh1ft
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to choose between SRI and CAI...
I know CAI gives more power, wihthout much doubt,but I live in Chicago and I hear that water in the CAI can destroy the engine. Thats why I sway towards the AEM SRI....any help? Will CAI suffer in Chicago? WIll I Be able to drive NORMALLY in rain, or if i hit a puddle will i kill my car?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
well..just look at it this way. the filter has to be fully....FULLY submerged to hydrolock....tahts gotta be one deep puddle....lol..or lake.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
vudoo4u2 said:
I need to choose between SRI and CAI...
I know CAI gives more power, wihthout much doubt,but I live in Chicago and I hear that water in the CAI can destroy the engine. Thats why I sway towards the AEM SRI....any help? Will CAI suffer in Chicago? WIll I Be able to drive NORMALLY in rain, or if i hit a puddle will i kill my car?
Personally, I don't trust CAI because of the chance that it can get wet and suck in some water. I'm sure most people won't have a problem with it, but I just don't want to take the chance that one day I have to drive past a puddle and worry about the water getting into my engine.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Why not use a CAI with an AEM bypass valve? That should prevent hydrolock.

·
RSXoholic
1,051 Posts
im in ny now and will be in mass for the next three years. i havent had a problem with water yet and ive driven through flash floods. (no puddles deep enough to get even near the intake though). the bpv is not really made for our car. if you look down the pipe youll see there isnt any good place to put it. also i was told by peter on the boards here (hes a mechanic) that it would be pointless to have the bpv. if some occation came up where you HAD to drive through a deep puddle he told me to just disconnect the intake from the throttle body drive through the puddle and reconnect it after the water had drained out of the filter. and thats what i plan on doing should this ever come up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.