Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I <3 Bewst
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my problem, I bought my car about a year and a half ago and it came with blue gauges, I didn't like the gauges so I bought an oem one. I hooked it up and the mileage was off so I returned it. I then got another one and the milage was fine but this time the srs light came on. I had to go to acura for some warranty work and the guy said they need my car for a whole day because they can't find whats wrong, he was explaining the need to do a whole diagnostic test on it and check the harness, check the fuses, etc. I don't want to tell him I changed my cluster because of obvious reasons. How do I get this SRS light to shut off? I tried the paper clip thing about three times and no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,245 Posts
Every time you disconnect the wiring from the back of the gauge cluster, the SRS light will need to be reset. Assuming that you don't have any SRS system problems, the instructions in the DIY section for resetting the light will work every time.

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,245 Posts
If you are performing the reset procedure correctly, and it does take some practice to get the timing and sequence down, then there are other problems if it won't do the job. Take it Acura.

·
Want to buy my shirt ?!?
635 Posts
ive reset my srs light 3 days ago. b/c i had removed the cluster.... instead of taking a paper clip, take a 2 or 3 foot long speaker wire, skin each end ans stick in the yellow connector... you have to see the light and the key have to be in on position ( just b4 start not acc) while you doing this... if your wire is ok... put the 2 wire togheter... the light will go off, separate the wire, light go on, put it back togheter light go off, separate light go on, put it back togheter until srs light flash, turn the key to the off position... put it back to on and the light should go on for 6 sec and go off after...

it worked fine first time 4 me

·
I <3 Bewst
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.