Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2003 RSX - type S back in April. I've been having some issues with the SRS light and it seems nobody has been able to help..

I originally brought it in to one dealer near me (Park Ave. Acura) to have it checked out. Their first diagnostic was that the driver's seatbelt buckle was bad and they would order one (lifetime seatbelt warranty). When the buckle came in, they installed it, and then discovered that it did not solve the problem. They then put the old buckle back in and told me that I would have to replace the driver's seat airbag.

I wanted a second opinion before I shell out the $400 or so on a new airbag.

I brought it to a second Acura dealer (Springfield Acura). Again, their first diasnostic was the seatbelt buckle. They replaced the buckle, and then told me they needed to replace the seatbelt tensioner as well. So now I have a new buckle and tensioner. Light still will not go off. They then told me that the floor wiring harness under the driver's side seat looks bad and I would need to replace that ($450 for the harness plus $500 + for labor).

Today, I brought my car into a local mechanic who specializes in auto electric. He took out the seat and looked at the harness. While it looks like it had been patched up, he said the harness looks fine and should be functional. There were a few broken wires that had already been patched up, but the patching should be no problem.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do now? I have one dealer telling me to replace the driver's seat airbag, one telling me to replace the floor wiring harness, and another mechanic telling me the harness if fine. Obviously I'm at a loss of where to turn.

Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also -- I don't recall the SRS light being on when I first purchased the car. The only thing I did since I've owned it was have a Viper alarm installed.

Does anyone think it's possible that the alarm is tripping the light?

·
cheeto dusted!
5,057 Posts
seems liek the srs needs to be reset. when they installed the alarm, they might have removed the seats hence causin the srs to be on. there's a DIY thread for reseting the SRS light. if that doesnt work then something else is wrong.

·
Parts pusha
660 Posts
either that or the opds unit and opds sensor which are both in the passenger side seat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.