Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

SRS light is on

Tags
light srs
1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  nametaken420 
#1 ·
Hi all. My SRS light came on last week. I brought my car to my local Honda dealer. As far as I know, they use the same diagnosing equipment as an Acura dealership. They hooked it up to the computer but the computer couldn't kick out the error code. They think that it's because I have a US RSX. (I live in Canada.) Is there any way I can find the code myself. I know the old Dodges used to let you know what the code was by playing with the key in the ignition-a series of timed turning the ignition on and off.

Also, I have an aftermarket stereo. So if the code is supposed to show on that screen, I don't have it anymore.

#4 · (Edited)
I have a 2002 RSX-S. I just took my car to a local Acura dealership for oil change, and the service advisor mentioned that Acura has extended the warranty on the SRS. I wasn’t sure how the extended warranty works since my SRS light was not on. I would suggest you to call your local dealership to find out if there is any extended warranty in Canada.

#5 ·
My car is a US car which I bought from a lady in St. Catharines. As the importer the warranty was valid for her but becomes invalid if ever she was to sell the car. Needless to say that my RSX hasn't had warranty since 12000 kms.

The car just rolled over 100000 kms and knock on wood, I haven't had a problem yet.

I'll try the paperclip fix first, then we'll see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.