Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will ANY of the airbags depoly if the SRS light is on? I am wondering because I might purchase JDM Recaros and I know this will throw the SRS light. If this is the case, is there any way to fix that?

·
Gold Fancy!!
1,551 Posts
i heard that if the SRS light is on, none of your air bags will deploy. thats the only thing holding me back from getting the jdm steering wheel, air bag and any aftermarket seats.:(

·
Old Man
4,940 Posts
You can turn off the light by going under your steering wheel and pulling out a yellow plug. Put a paper clip in the holes where they are connected together then turn on the car but not start it the SRS will turn off, pull out the paper clip within 5 seconds of that then put it back in. The SRS will come back on then pull it out within 5 seconds of that and it will blink then shut off.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The RSX Texan said:
You can turn off the light by going under your steering wheel and pulling out a yellow plug. Put a paper clip in the holes where they are connected together then turn on the car but not start it the SRS will turn off, pull out the paper clip within 5 seconds of that then put it back in. The SRS will come back on then pull it out within 5 seconds of that and it will blink then shut off.
This will fix it? Airbags will work?

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
yeah Acura fixed mine like 5 times...my phone charger that plugged into the cigarette adaptor caused the srs light to come on because of mechanical shit...but yeah Acura does it for free

·
Ur Post Count Means Nada!
4,510 Posts
jaguer8 said:
yeah Acura fixed mine like 5 times...my phone charger that plugged into the cigarette adaptor caused the srs light to come on because of mechanical shit...but yeah Acura does it for free
Will they do it even if you have aftermarket seats in the car? He wants to get the ITR Recaro's. Will the dealer still reset the SRS light with aftermarket seats?
-Jalal

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I wanting to know the same thing. I have aftermarket seats and the SRS light is on. I just ignore it for right now.

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
I'm sure they would still do it unless your dealership is a bunch of pricks...i guess i'd just call and ask em

1 - 12 of 12 Posts