Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the impression the SRT-4 is supposed to run 14s stock? Last nite at the track there were at least 5 SRT-4's running and maybe 4-5 more there just watching.......everyone has one now. One SRT-4 ran a 14.4 modded, but the other were all running mid to low 15s. I/E/Hondata-4 rsx was running 14.6 on the same track w/ major traction issues. What gives? Oh and there was a civic hatch there running 9.99 in teh 1/4 mile :eek:

·
Registered
56 Posts
that bunch of srt-4 drivers has the elite status of being in the 15second club, one which not many srt-4 owners belong to.

they are just inexperienced is all...in time they can get their flat 14 or high 13s stock.

i'd bet their 60ft's were poor.

·
Registered
56 Posts
jjm004 said:
i thought the srt-4 were running high 13's stock.
not so common to find a driver that can launch his/her srt-4 into the high 13s stock. but there certainly are some who can. the car is capable in stock form, just a matter of drivers' abilities.

they are running high 13s to mid 14s stock. both 2003s and 2004s have fell in this range.

·
Registered
193 Posts
its all about driver ability, most of the time your going to see low 14's, but when the right driver comes along 13.8 is possible even a 13.7. My friends ran a best of 13.74 and consitantly runs between 13.8-13.9

·
Registered
56 Posts
rmh_158 said:
so i just ran into 5 bad drivers all at the same time? :confused:
from the mention of a single acura that beat the srt-4s...i can honestly see where you are getting at. but seriously, yes, you ran into a bunch of owners who really didn't know how to launch their cars (perhaps they are friends who are all noobs to drag strips..).

it is far more credible that not everyone else is wrong and that it was indeed an exception that you had ran into...nothing more and really nothing less. srt4s just aren't 15 second cars.

·
Registered
193 Posts
rmh_158 said:
so i just ran into 5 bad drivers all at the same time? :confused:
im going to say yes, even though I think that car is ugly as hell and the only reason to buy it is for speed, it is a fast car. While I respect its speed there isnt one other thing about that car that is attractive to me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
NothingButZ said:
im going to say yes, even though I think that car is ugly as hell and the only reason to buy it is for speed, it is a fast car. While I respect its speed there isnt one other thing about that car that is attractive to me.
well we weren't exactly discussion 'opinions' now...i love the way my car looks which is why i bought it (in part).

·
Registered
7 Posts
NothingButZ said:
its all about driver ability, most of the time your going to see low 14's, but when the right driver comes along 13.8 is possible even a 13.7. My friends ran a best of 13.74 and consitantly runs between 13.8-13.9
Scary... do I know you? heh.

~castrol

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I witnessed my friend run low 13s bone stock with his SRT-4 at the track. We were dead even when we raced. Those cars are FAAAAAAAAAST for stock!!!

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
LSD does wonders for that c ar

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
the srt-4s here are running about 14.1 light modded to about 14.6 stock.

·
Meow?
3,940 Posts
Well, if they're truly stock then they're running on relatively crappy tires. People will say "Yeah, X can run Y stock" but typically that's stock motor with slicks. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
193 Posts
MugenHonda said:
I witnessed my friend run low 13s bone stock with his SRT-4 at the track. We were dead even when we raced. Those cars are FAAAAAAAAAST for stock!!!
how does his car run low 13's yet when you run together your dead even and you run 13.8 it makes no sense. If anything that srt-4 should pull the shit outa you. When I had my rsx I ran 14.0 flat and my friends srt4 runs 13.8 yet from a roll its dead even up until top end when he pulls on me

·
Registered
44 Posts
i suck at launching my car. im still learning. fastest time was 14.4. so i suck from a dead stop. if i can go to the track everyday ill get done to 13.9

1 - 19 of 19 Posts