Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
I enjoy mine they ride like oem( not bouncy) they ride good n stiff on turns w aftermarket springs..Packaging wus lil shitty but no damage to them at all n no issues on install..

·
Registered
236 Posts
bringin this thread back because i just found these and want to hear more info and reviews from people who have bought them.

kyb gr-2 / tein h-tech

or

stagg?

·
Registered
236 Posts
No I wasn't comparing. I was saying kyb gr-2 and htech was my original intention before I found these. So I was asking for opinions along with reviews of stagg.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I picked up a set of stagg struts new about a year ago. For the price they're pretty good. They're close to OEM quality if not equal. I slapped a set of tein lowering springs on them as soon as I got them. I ended up getting coilovers soon after. But my friend drove on those staggs from then to this day with no problems. They haven't blown and the ride quality is good.

I just wouldn't take them tracking. If you're looking for a nice daily driver replacement then I'd get these staggs. But do not put coilovers sleeves on them. That'd be entirely stupid.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I picked up a set of stagg struts new about a year ago. For the price they're pretty good. They're close to OEM quality if not equal. I slapped a set of tein lowering springs on them as soon as I got them. I ended up getting coilovers soon after. But my friend drove on those staggs from then to this day with no problems. They haven't blown and the ride quality is good.

I just wouldn't take them tracking. If you're looking for a nice daily driver replacement then I'd get these staggs. But do not put coilovers sleeves on them. That'd be entirely stupid.
I'm still hesitating to pick em up because I've read that some ppl are saying there shitty and ten some say that tere decent. I mean their lifetime warranty so that's a good thing and there located in fountain valley so I can pick em up, I'm just wondering how long they will last with a 1.5 drop

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stagg?

I just ordered some K-Sport lowering springs. And I'm in search for affordable stocks to withstand the drop. I read this thread on staggs and curious on its performance with lowering springs. Anyone with some helpful results?:laughat:

·
WILDCARD!
1,189 Posts
bringin this thread back because i just found these and want to hear more info and reviews from people who have bought them.

kyb gr-2 / tein h-tech

or

stagg?
Not to be mean, but are you even comparing a no-name shock with a shock that has years of R&D?
Look, I respect your seniority and your expertise in suspension, but seriously? I had to LOL @ the "years of R&D" comment in reference to KYB GR-2s. Yes, I'm sure KYB put YEARS of research in to taking apart factory shocks and replicating them...

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just ordered some K-Sport lowering springs. And I'm in search for affordable stocks to withstand the drop. I read this thread on staggs and curious on its performance with lowering springs. Anyone with some helpful results?:laughat:
I ordered another set Of staggs to be my temporaries while I try and find someone to rebuild my Eibach coils. ( my stock suspenion is blown and there is no way in hell im riding on stock suspension height for a couple months)

These are my second set of stagg struts. The first pair i sold along with tein H tech's after I got coilovers. This second set is new as well and I placed Eibach Sportline lowering springs on them . a 1.4-1.7 drop. No issues so far nor did i have issues with the first set up with tein h techs.

Car rides comfortable and corners feel nice. Maybe I'll take them autocrossing this season if i dont find anyone to rebuild my eibach pro street coilovers in time.

Here's a link to the eibach sportlines on my stagg struts. both were ordered new.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.php?p=40542774&postcount=135

This guy on a bmw forum has had them for 2 years so far. I guess its really hit or miss, regardless theres the warranty.
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1427582-Stagg-Shock-Strut-Reviews&p=26101212#post26101212

·
Registered
640 Posts
I ordered another set Of staggs to be my temporaries while I try and find someone to rebuild my Eibach coils. ( my stock suspenion is blown and there is no way in hell im riding on stock suspension height for a couple months)

These are my second set of stagg struts. The first pair i sold along with tein H tech's after I got coilovers. This second set is new as well and I placed Eibach Sportline lowering springs on them . a 1.4-1.7 drop. No issues so far nor did i have issues with the first set up with tein h techs.

Car rides comfortable and corners feel nice. Maybe I'll take them autocrossing this season if i dont find anyone to rebuild my eibach pro street coilovers in time.

Here's a link to the eibach sportlines on my stagg struts. both were ordered new.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.php?p=40542774&postcount=135

This guy on a bmw forum has had them for 2 years so far. I guess its really hit or miss, regardless theres the warranty.
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1427582-Stagg-Shock-Strut-Reviews&p=26101212#post26101212
I'm looking at getting these Stagg struts to pair with a set of Eibach Sportlines I have laying around.

Are you still running your this setup? How are things holding up for you? Which seller did you purchase from?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Autocross them and give us an update
So an update. I went autocrossing with the Stagg/eibach set up. I had no issues with them throughout the day. The car handled nicely in the corners without much body roll. drove home and suspension has been fine since. Laptimes weren't too bad either, well my last laptime atleast . The only complaint in my set up is the almost bald tires with no grip -.-

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead, how did these hold up?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Going to drop this here. I put stagg shocks on all corners because they were cheap and I needed something temporary. They ride just like oem on the stock springs. 1 year later (about 8k miles) I put 2 inch megan racing lowering springs on them and they rode good but not perfect. 1 year later (about 10k miles) the rear seems like they are worn out, the front is a little softer than before too. Overall they are good build quality but the internals might not be the best. I would recommend these to someone in a pinch but not for autocross or anything like that.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts