Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 647 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
No, straight argon for welding and purging.
The tri-mix isn't that great for aluminum, don't want more cylinders around.
Also the cost is prohibitive.
yea straight argon for aluminum, but i thought your x over tubs were stainless, the reason i asked for what gas you used on it. :dontknow:

·
RSX fanboy supreme
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, that's right. I used pure Argon, and the whole exhaust was stainless, correct. I was just saying that I don't want to carry a bunch of different gases. The tri-mix is fine, but I just don't want to have to rent another bottle and pay the premium for mix when argon works for everything just fine.
The new dynasty is able to adjust the puddle as much or more as gas mixes.:thumbsup: Just easier.
I have a 4500psi Argon, a small purge argon tank, and then the c02/argon mig mix for the millermatic.

·
ASP
187 Posts
Exhaust looks good. How come you crossed the pipes in the back, from the left exhaust pipe to the right muffler and right to the left muffler?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yes, that's right. I used pure Argon, and the whole exhaust was stainless, correct. I was just saying that I don't want to carry a bunch of different gases. The tri-mix is fine, but I just don't want to have to rent another bottle and pay the premium for mix when argon works for everything just fine.
The new dynasty is able to adjust the puddle as much or more as gas mixes.:thumbsup: Just easier.
I have a 4500psi Argon, a small purge argon tank, and then the c02/argon mig mix for the millermatic.
i got you, do you use stainless wire on all your stainless tubing? i noticed that regular wire will work fine, just not good for corrosion

·
VTAK very serious!
2,603 Posts
Nice work! I wonder what kinda mufflers those are the look weird on the inside.

·
RSX fanboy supreme
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got you, do you use stainless wire on all your stainless tubing? i noticed that regular wire will work fine, just not good for corrosion
Yes, better match all around. When you mix mild without proper deoxidizers, you can run into some strange metal at the edges. It works, but not good for longevity.

He is actually coming back because it is not loud enough, I'll get some then. We are going to remove the back 2 resonators.

The mufflers are Aero Turbine mufflers I think. Different sound.:thumbsup:

·
VTAK very serious!
2,603 Posts
The mufflers are Aero Turbine mufflers I think. Different sound.:thumbsup:
Those are the ones with out any packing material in them and are suppose to act like a "jet engine" or whatever? I wonder how they would sound on the rsx with the proper resonator and such?

1 - 20 of 647 Posts