Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
RED DRAGONS!!!
11,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started My DIY JDM Headlights WITH BRONZE TINT...***UPDATED PIC***

I just layed down the primer and I will be ready for the first base coat of bronze in a few minutes, hopefully this works so I can make a full DIY guide on how to give your headlights the same look. Everyone keep your fingers crossed.

I will have a picture soon!!! omg

NEW PIC ADDED 01/16/04

·
Registered
439 Posts
damn... the reflectors werent masked off... u want it like that? or wut?

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,813 Posts
NOoooooooooo!! There goes all that work down the toilet. I like it when the reflectors and turn signals stil have their color to them. You messed them up.:eek:

:finger:

J/K...but anyways its your car and your light so do whatever you want to them. But still post the colors and shit for the paint you used so we could actually see if you got the JDM color or not.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
nice headlights with projectors..so the question is how much did u get a custom setup like that?

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
well there's paint there, so he obviously did not mask them off.

he popped them out, but he didn't mask them off, so there's paint there. personally, i like it the way he did it, and that's how i did mine.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
looks good so far.

·
RED DRAGONS!!!
11,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I know I did'nt mask off the reflectors, I like how the signals look when they have no reflective background. It makes the amber lense darker a less noticeable. Besides you can always put a silver paint to regain the look of having a reflective background anyway so its no big deal.

Anyway, I sprayed my transparent black over the dark bronze metallic and it looks awesome! It has a bronze/gunmetal gray/black color now. Its probably not the exact replica of the JDM color but its kinda close, I like this color better now anyway.

I will post a complete DIY with model numbers when I put the clear coat on and I am done.

Here is a updated progress picture:

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
HMMmmmMM!!!

Interesting, by the looks of this, maybe too light?? but I'm going to wait til I see the finished product before I start thinking ;)

Nice work so far.:thumbsup:

·
Old Skool
1,345 Posts
Yeah looks a too light, but it's a good try at making it look like the Genuine JDM headlights. maybe you should of tried it with a darker bronze base coat remember it's almost black the bronze just shows in the right angle of sunlight

1 - 20 of 33 Posts