Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I park my car to work in a really bad area, I work long nights sometimes and on those nights I disconnect my batt so my car will not get stolen. My friend who owns an older 5 series suggested I look up the wireing on my immobilizer and wire in a cut off switch that cuts off power only to the key tumbler and will not allow the car to start, this would be great because my alarm would still be functional. Can this be done? if so it seems like a great theft deterrent.

·
Premium Member
3,816 Posts
I park my car to work in a really bad area, I work long nights sometimes and on those nights I disconnect my batt so my car will not get stolen. My friend who owns an older 5 series suggested I look up the wireing on my immobilizer and wire in a cut off switch that cuts off power only to the key tumbler and will not allow the car to start, this would be great because my alarm would still be functional. Can this be done? if so it seems like a great theft deterrent.
you can try doing a fuel cut off switch. That way you'll still have a functional alarm.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where would I find the wire to hook that into. Has anyone done something like this, my dads 01 GSR was stolen from the mall parking lot I work at so I'm really trying to do something like this.

·
Pancakes
5,343 Posts
Your immobilizer already does that.

·
Grrrr
236 Posts
Your immobilizer already does that to keep your car from being stolen, but if you want that extra sense of protection you can wire up an inline switch to cut the fuel. Just take out your back seat and connect inline with the positive wire to the fuel pump. then just route the switch in a hidden spot that only you and trusted people would know about. Its simple to do especially on older hondas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts