Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
USER
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before I ask my question here’s my car faq's ...... 2003 types less than 18000 miles, for the past 3 months I start it twice for alternate side parking (nyc)...... and my question is I tried to start it tonight and all it does sound like trrrrrrrrrt.:confused: ....I turned on my lights and radio, everything is working fine, ill try to jump start it tomorrow due lack of push help. .... All I could think of is alternator or starter but isn’t it to new for this parts to be broken?

·
Registered
9 Posts
same problem

Wow I think I'm having the same problem, except now I'm totally stuck. Everything works fine, (radio, lights, etc.) but everytime I try to turn the engine over, it just does its normal cranking sound, and it sounds like it just gets weaker and weaker and weaker. I really kind of need to get this fixed ASAP, anyone have any kind of idea?

·
Registered
359 Posts
"trrrrrt"?

wtf is that?

Does you car make rapid clicking noises when you try and start it?

trrrrt is like that really old car you hear like trrrrrrrrty trrrrrrrrrt vrooooom then dies again i dont know

but the rapid clicks when you try and turn it over is cause your battery is dead, by cold, electronics or whatever

the second guy sound like a battery issue

·
Registered
9 Posts
trrrrt is like that really old car you hear like trrrrrrrrty trrrrrrrrrt vrooooom then dies again i dont know

but the rapid clicks when you try and turn it over is cause your battery is dead, by cold, electronics or whatever

the second guy sound like a battery issue
Yeah it just got really cold out here today, and I've been letting it sit there, like I said, when I tried to start it, it cranked, and just got weaker and weaker, I'll try to jump it when I get ahold of another vehicle, I'll update you guys and let you know what's up.

Oh p.s, new to posting in the forum, but I've been in it for a while..I really have to say, even though some of you guys are total assholes in other forums, when it comes to a problem you guys really pull together. :beerchug:

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,245 Posts
You start your car twice in 3 months, drive it 20 feet, and later the starter hardly cranks and the first thing that comes to your mind isn't your battery?

School's in.
1. All newer cars use battery reserve even when shut off. Leave a car with the battery connected and don't run it for a month, the battery will be weaker.
2. The only way a car battery recharges is by either putting it on a proper trickle charger or by driving it. 20 feet every month doesn't cut it, it takes a few miles.
3. Turning on the lights and radio isn't a test of the state of your battery. If it cranks slowly or makes clicking sounds, it's the battery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You start your car twice in 3 months, drive it 20 feet, and later the starter hardly cranks and the first thing that comes to your mind isn't your battery?

School's in.
1. All newer cars use battery reserve even when shut off. Leave a car with the battery connected and don't run it for a month, the battery will be weaker.
2. The only way a car battery recharges is by either putting it on a proper trickle charger or by driving it. 20 feet every month doesn't cut it, it takes a few miles.
3. Turning on the lights and radio isn't a test of the state of your battery. If it cranks slowly or makes clicking sounds, it's the battery.

Ha, yeah, those were things I was looking at. I got the jump, and the car started just fine, so that was a problem I'm glad was easy to fix. At first I was really paranoid that it could have been my ECU. I used to have a 92 integra that just randomly killed the ECU one night. Ironically, I was out of town in the same town that I'm in now. I've learned tough, that this town, does not like Honda's, for future reference, everybody stay away from Victoria, Tx.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts