Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I copied this from Jeggy over at s2ki :

"Goooooood morning chicago! Who's ready for our annual starve rock cruise?!

Stop taking the Buss to work and get your car ready. We will be cruising on out to starve rock state Park on Sunday oct 9th 2016. So cancel that planned trip to Brazil and stay in the country with us as we take some beautiful scenic back roads to Morris,il have lunch and do some hiking.
Everyone and every car is invited. Even if you're living in some corrupt south American country, you're more then welcomed to join us at 7 am at century tile as we gather and wait for that one jerk that's always late or hungover to arrive. When I say everyone is invited, I mean EVERYONE even if you're name is Dave, Becky, Joshua or even Eduarda. Bring whatever car you want. Whether it's a white FWD Celica or an orange mid engined Celica, bring it all. Normal car, exotic car, or a car that's just plain funk. Unless you have a 3rd Gen eclipse. Leave those at home.

I'm planning on bringing my family in a rental van so don't think this is a s2k and s2k owners only cruise. This is for all.

WHAT: starve rock cruise, lunch and hiking

When: Sunday October 9th 2016, 7 am

Where: century tile 390 s. Bolingbrook Dr. Bolingbrook, il 60440

Who: past, present, future s2k owners and anyone they wanna invite. That includes me, you, your momma and your sister too.

A special guest will be joining us as well. "

Any clubrsx members be interested to tag along? Sounds like a fun time. Get some lunch and meet some good people

:thumbsup:

·
Past Driver’s Ed
559 Posts
You can count me in. I’ll be driving my 02 SC E85 RSX-S sleeper and I will try to get my son to attend with his FBO K04 MK6 GTI.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hoping to get tuned tomorrow. Tuner is triple booked but I'm dropping her off and hopefully he can squeeze her in

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck with the tune. Will you be able to participate in Sunday’s cruise?
Thanks man. Yessir I'll be there. Dropping her off at the dyno right now. Either way, tuned or un-tuned I'll be there for the cruise. Will just take it a little easy. Try at least :rotfl:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Had a good time yesterday. Was really nice meeting you guys.

Sandbag: Your dc5 is awesome man! I'm thinking I might need to run that flex fuel sensor and go E85. It was burning my eyes! haha good times

Cihkal: Good times and fun runs on the way home. That thing moves out pretty well. I wanted to line up and do a pull but didn't want the s2ki guys to think we're reckless lol Walter (white gti) and I did a nice pull. Crazy how fast those things are with APR goodies.

I need more than 5 psi! 3 inch exhaust and boost controller and I'll be back on the dyno for a re-tune

Good times y'all. I was exhaust when I finally got home. Adrenaline wears you out!

·
Past Driver’s Ed
559 Posts

Had a good time yesterday. Was really nice meeting you guys.

Sandbag: Your dc5 is awesome man! I'm thinking I might need to run that flex fuel sensor and go E85. It was burning my eyes! haha good times

Cihkal: Good times and fun runs on the way home. That thing moves out pretty well. I wanted to line up and do a pull but didn't want the s2ki guys to think we're reckless lol Walter (white gti) and I did a nice pull. Crazy how fast those things are with APR goodies.

I need more than 5 psi! 3 inch exhaust and boost controller and I'll be back on the dyno for a re-tune

Good times y'all. I was exhaust when I finally got home. Adrenaline wears you out!
My sons and I had a great time doing the car cruise. Sorry about gassing you out with E85 exhaust fumes. Older cars are just like people, it’s hard to control our flatulence. Overall the total event with all the spirited driving ended up with me burning up about ¾ of a tank. Well worth using E85 if you’re running force induction. If you need any help with your RSX build just send me pm. Watch out when it comes to a 3” exhaust system, not much room around the rear axle area to snake it threw.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My sons and I had a great time doing the car cruise. Sorry about gassing you out with E85 exhaust fumes. Older cars are just like people, it’s hard to control our flatulence. Overall the total event with all the spirited driving ended up with me burning up about ¾ of a tank. Well worth using E85 if you’re running force induction. If you need any help with your RSX build just send me pm. Watch out when it comes to a 3” exhaust system, not much room around the rear axle area to snake it threw.

:rotfl: Yes I'm sure E85 would be nice. We'll see. Maybe a winter project. I used up just over a half a tank. Noticed smoke when I got back into town. Significant amount of oil coming out the valve cover breather. Def need to do something about that. Right now I need to order the Hondata boost control solenoid. Also stepping up to a 3in exhaust would be nice. Are you running a 3inch? Thanks for the info

Btw, my bud Jason (335i) said there is a BMW meet/cruise to Galena the 23nd. Not sure if anyone would be interested

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bringing this thread back from the dead

Am thinking of doing another Starved Rock meet/cruise 11/11. Same meeting place as last year. And preferably the same route we took. Only thing is, I don't know the route :/ Hopefully some s2ki guys will get on board and show us the way. Lmk if anyone would be interested

*cheers*

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’ll ask if anyone from the local Chicago GTI group would be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! Sounds good :) I'll be EXTRA slow this year. Took out the K24 turbo and went back to a 2.0 with basic bolt one. My brother will be joining this year with his bolt on s2000. Should be fun times

Sandbag, any way of figuring out the old route ?!..

·
Past Driver’s Ed
559 Posts
I can’t remember the route as well. Maybe we can reverse engineer it. My oldest son is interested and will drive his K04 MK6 GTI. If my youngest son wasn’t away a college we would of had two fast GTIs plus the supercharged RSX. Getting ready to switch the RSX from E85 to 93 octane for the winter (also don’t want to burnout your eyes again with the exhaust fumes).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds good. I think one of the s2ki guys may know the route. I'm guessing it's rt71?.. Either way we're meeting at:

390 south Bolingbrook Dr, bolingbrook Illinois OR Labroila Cafe. Both are within a short distance of one another. Waiting on the s2ki guys to decide. We plan on meeting at 8am. I will post to this thread when I reviece further information

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can’t remember the route as well. Maybe we can reverse engineer it. My oldest son is interested and will drive his K04 MK6 GTI. If my youngest son wasn’t away a college we would of had two fast GTIs plus the supercharged RSX. Getting ready to switch the RSX from E85 to 93 octane for the winter (also don’t want to burnout your eyes again with the exhaust fumes).
I'll pass long the thread to the GTI Facebook group tomorrow to see if others are interested.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
La Briola (3021 Butterfield Rd., Oakbrook IL...at the corner of Butterfield and Meyers Roads)

This is the meeting place. 8am. 11/11

See y'all there! Sandbag bring on the fumes! I'll be wearing some goggles. CIHKAL give me a 10 car spot on the highway pulls... All motor is sooooo slow :( Maybe I can convince my buddy to install the turbo before then haha

1 - 20 of 32 Posts