Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The time has come where I met the dreaded state ref ticket. Damn cop didn’t know what to pull me over for. Popped hood and the thing that gave it away was the headers being wrapped. Looking for help here guys ..don’t know what exactly to do .. I know a state ref means I have to go back to stock .. but is there a huge fine .. can I just Pay the ticket? I have a ct supercharger with a carb sticker do I need to switch it out? Im supercharged with headers,intake, rc650cc and exhaust .. lowered I guess as well.. just bumped out ..thank u .. it’s getting harder and harder to live in cali

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
The time has come where I met the dreaded state ref ticket. Damn cop didn’t know what to pull me over for. Popped hood and the thing that gave it away was the headers being wrapped. Looking for help here guys ..don’t know what exactly to do .. I know a state ref means I have to go back to stock .. but is there a huge fine .. can I just Pay the ticket? I have a ct supercharger with a carb sticker do I need to switch it out? Im supercharged with headers,intake, rc650cc and exhaust .. lowered I guess as well.. just bumped out ..thank u .. it’s getting harder and harder to live in cali
Got pulled over with my new rsx (turbo) and the officer was under the impression that my heavily modified car was all smog legal. On the other hand I got an exhaust ticket with a stock muffler and exhaust system on my other car so go figure. Doesnt help you but yes I do know how increasingly difficult it is to operate a modified car.
Keep the S/C on (since its CARB legal), change the injectors, the header, intake and exhaust to their stock counterparts. Suspension should not matter, good luck man.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got pulled over with my new rsx (turbo) and the officer was under the impression that my heavily modified car was all smog legal. On the other hand I got an exhaust ticket with a stock muffler and exhaust system on my other car so go figure. Doesnt help you but yes I do know how increasingly difficult it is to operate a modified car.
Keep the S/C on (since its CARB legal), change the injectors, the header, intake and exhaust to their stock counterparts. Suspension should not matter, good luck man.
Yea man it’s difficult gettin by now looking over the shoulder for a damn cop.. I just got the ticket in the mail and it doesn’t give me the option to pay it off. Idk what ima do .. says it’s ineligible.. i really didn’t want to put it to stock again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts