Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Grey Beard Crew FTW
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I dropped by the stealership today (McDaniels Acura) while I was in Columbia, SC. It is the closest one to me. Looked to see how much a new wheel/rim would cost. They gave me the price and I reply with “no, I just want one wheel. They say “yes sir that is the price for one wheel”. I thought these guys must be fucking with me ‘cause it late on a Friday. Then they showed me the screen they were looking at. I was floored. I forget the exact amount but it was $665.?? for ONE FUCKING WHEEL!

I stepped back from the counter and said “you could at least kiss me with tongue before you try doing that to me.” I got a blank stare from the person I was dealing with and a giggle from the “mechanic” (read parts replacer) that was at the shop window. I said “you know, kiss me a little before you try to fuck me raw”. The mechanic thought it was funny but the parts person did not. :laughing:

Same thing when I bought my A Spec suspension. They wanted 860 something for it. I got it from another stealership out of state for 680 shipped. I just don’t get it. I know there is supply and demand but then there is also this which is just a down and dirty rodeo fuck.

So I found this website. http://www.hubcaphaven.com/rsx_wheels.htm
I have dealt with some recon’d stuff in the past when I worked at stealership. Never had any problems with the ones we used. Anyone know anything about these guys? Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
169 for a wheel is pretty good...

1,493 Posts
So I dropped by the stealership today (McDaniels Acura) while I was in Columbia, SC. It is the closest one to me. Looked to see how much a new wheel/rim would cost. They gave me the price and I reply with “no, I just want one wheel. They say “yes sir that is the price for one wheel”. I thought these guys must be fucking with me ‘cause it late on a Friday. Then they showed me the screen they were looking at. I was floored. I forget the exact amount but it was $665.?? for ONE FUCKING WHEEL!

I stepped back from the counter and said “you could at least kiss me with tongue before you try doing that to me.” I got a blank stare from the person I was dealing with and a giggle from the “mechanic” (read parts replacer) that was at the shop window. I said “you know, kiss me a little before you try to fuck me raw”. The mechanic thought it was funny but the parts person did not. :laughing:

Same thing when I bought my A Spec suspension. They wanted 860 something for it. I got it from another stealership out of state for 680 shipped. I just don’t get it. I know there is supply and demand but then there is also this which is just a down and dirty rodeo fuck.

I have dealt with some recon’d stuff in the past when I worked at stealership. Never had any problems with the ones we used. Anyone know anything about these guys? Any feedback would be appreciated.
I tell you what man, their parts are OUT OF SIGHT expensive there, BUT they will basicly GIVE you a car if you start shopping around. Thats where I got my 06-S. I got the car for 21,800(with the 5 year/100k warranty WITH taxes) after pitting the columbia dealership's salesman against the greenville one...they were both hurting for sales bad that month and i just said "Whoever gets the lowest number on this sheet sells a car by 5pm". They ended up giving me the trunk tray and the aspec wing as well which I promptly sold to a buddy cause I'm not a fan.

·
DJMax
7,557 Posts

Interesting, that website store is local/within range to me LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts