Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!

Here is a thought Im sure many of you have come across....

How do I take care of my stearing wheel?

Seriously, I have never owned a car with a leather wrapped stearing wheel. The other day the thought dawned on me that I dont know if there are any special things we need to do to protect and maximize the lifespan of our beautiful leather-encassed stearing wheels.

Any thoughts?

:cool:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there anything special that should be used for the leather on the stearing wheel besides white glue?

·
///elitist prick
48,951 Posts
TBONED22 said:
Hey Everyone!

Here is a thought Im sure many of you have come across....

How do I take care of my stearing wheel?

Seriously, I have never owned a car with a leather wrapped stearing wheel. The other day the thought dawned on me that I dont know if there are any special things we need to do to protect and maximize the lifespan of our beautiful leather-encassed stearing wheels.

Any thoughts?

:cool:
please... "steering" wheel, not "stearing" wheel ;)

i'll save you so ronin can keep his keyboard in check :)

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
heh.

Just use a leather cleaner and conditioner. Be sure not to put too much on there, because the wheel will get slippery if you do.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
if you just use warm water, a little soap (mild d/w liquid) and a soft cloth, you should be fine . . .

if you do use treatment (anyones) use little, wipe well and let it dry

avoid silicone laden products . petroleum distillates etc . .

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ronin_asano said:
heh.

Just use a leather cleaner and conditioner. Be sure not to put too much on there, because the wheel will get slippery if you do.
Ronin, what brand do you recommend?

thanks for the info guys

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
I use Lexol cleaner on the leather wrapped part fairly regularly. When it starts to look a little dull, I also use the Lexol conditioner. I use the conditioner sparingly, it's not as slippery as other leather conditioners (even Meguiar's is a little slippy), but even Lexol has a little slip to it; I always let it dry overnight.

It's also great for the seats, it's a spray, whereas most other leather cleaners are creams which clog up the pores in the perforated seats.

For the center of the steering wheel I stuck with the namebrand and got Vinylex. That works for most of the interior really well.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
frosty

thanks for the recommendations

also, what would you guys recommend as a cleaner for the carbon fiber surfaces in our cars?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts