Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Team Jungle Gym
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2003 RSX-S.

Tein-HA full coilovers.

I don't think my allignment has ever been 100% after the install. I'm pretty sure my tierod boots are busted which may be causing the problem. However, I'm not sure if it could be something else. I don't want my ball joint to rip out and lose my whole wheel/hub assembly on the highway lol.

Whenever I turn the wheel it'll click once or twice. If I haven't driven it in a few hours it'll click pretty loud. If I saw at the wheel it'll click. It usually happens at low speeds, esp when I go left then right. I hope my steering rack isn't fubared.

I've checked all the bolts and everything is in order.

Someone want to give me some insight?

Thanks guys.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
maybe its the clunking noise everyone gets , possiblyy .....just a guess :) i kno i had a clunking or cliking noise on my 06 rsx whenever i turned the steering wheel to the left or right at low speeds..........had to take it to the dealershipp a few times....still not fixed...

·
Registered
4 Posts
ya it was brought up a while back on these forums.....some guy even took it to court and stuff cause it didnt seem fair that we buy this new car with problems on it alrdy , hes right though ...but yaaa if it is this then u usually get it on ur passenger side , maybe drivers tooo...i think it was something rubbing againts something if i remember correctly..not sure exactly what...lol ya but ive had my rsx for like about 1 year and 5 months and i disregarded the issue cause it was a pain to take it every time to get the same thing temporarily fixed..........but ama take it in again to temporarily have it gonee again :)

·
mmmmm Lucy
496 Posts
maybe its the clunking noise everyone gets , possiblyy .....just a guess :) i kno i had a clunking or cliking noise on my 06 rsx whenever i turned the steering wheel to the left or right at low speeds..........had to take it to the dealershipp a few times....still not fixed...

they fixed mine......i wsa having the same noises at low speeds, like when you're turning into a parking spot ro something....i took ti in and problem solved:thumbsup:

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,245 Posts
The '05-'06 suspension clunk doesn't apply to '02-'04 models. The obvious place to start is the tie-rod ends that you say the boots are busted up. Why look anywhere else until you isolate this as not a factor? The easiest way is to jack up the car a bit so it still has some weight on the wheel, and then have someone turn the steering wheel while you crawl under and listen for the location of the click or clunk (probably need to do this with the car off, makes turning the wheel a bit tougher). Then jack up the car until the wheel is off the ground and check for any play in the tie-rod ends, wheel bearings and ball joints. Also, re-check your after-market suspension install. If no joy, take it to a good suspension garage for diagnosis.

·
Team Jungle Gym
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah... perhaps it's a CV joint/axle?!? I haven't really had time to get under the car and check it out. I have a feeling it's going to be something expensive.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Also Check The Sway Bar Links And Their Tightness. I Didnt Tighten One Down All The Way Once And It Made A Clicking Noise When Turning. Or Tie Rod End Could Be The Culprit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have this same problem. A clicking noise from the front right. The noise happens when the car is not moving and I saw the wheel. The tie rod boot and CV boot do not have any leaks. Any ideas how to fix it? Should I just replace the tie rod end? Would a broken rack show these symptoms? Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.