Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
In addition to what RyoHazuki said about tie rod ends and bushings, also check wheel bearings.

Also, there is a way to tighten up slop in the rack an pinion box by adjusting a nut on the bottom of the steering rack. I think my car is needing this as the steering has a tiny (barely perceptible) about of slop in it, yet I KNOW everything else is in top notch condition. You need a special tool to do it since it is a 40mm nut in a tight spot to get to. See below (not my pictures):

I believe it is this tool here: http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~wrench~07916-SA50001.html

Mugsy, are you sure? I don't think halfshaft length has anything to do with torque steer. It happens when one one tire has more traction than the other. Because of the scrub radius, longitudinal tire force creates a moment around the kingpin axis, which attempts to rotate the wheel on its own.
Where is this magical steering wheel play nut located? Do I have to be underneath the car to get to it? every time ive gone under my car I haven't been able to find it :/

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

It looks like that big gold nut thing. It's always where the rack guide and the pinion gear meet.

·
CRSX Seen better days
22,288 Posts
21 - 27 of 27 Posts