Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Town drunk
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I feel like a nub, but I'm in the middle of changing my brake pads, have the car on jack stands, wheels off, trying to turn the steering wheel so I can access the caliper more easily, and the steering wheel is locked. Tried the normal jimmying of the steering wheel with the key in, key won't turn either. What exactly am I running into here?

·
Town drunk
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I am a nub, problem solved. My brother's keys look an awful lot like mine.... :laughing:

·
Registered
441 Posts
:laughat: :laughat: :rotfl:

·
Town drunk
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
glad I could entertain. lol. I had to move my brother's car out of the way, and forgot I had his keys on me.

·
Godzilla 4 Rilla Crew #5
7,979 Posts
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh man, as funny as that is Im sure some of us would have the done the same.

I would have done it cuz I can be a dumbass lol.

·
Town drunk
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok dude, give me a break, I totally forgot he was even there (at my parents' house) so the thought that I may have grabbed the wrong keys didn't even occur. The keys said "Acura", fit in the ignition and everything. Even the FOB was identical.

·
FREE IRAN!!!!
3,985 Posts
when i first started driving this happened and i didn't know what to do...missed half of school in the morning cuz of it. surprised i didn't break the steering wheel from beating on it so much

·
Town drunk
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah, i didn't know where to post it. I put it here b/c I was reading the DIY on brake pads. :eek: Thread can be moved or locked.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts