Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow my steering wheel cover/wrap got scratched...and I am talking a DEEP GOUGE!! I think I know who did it and I could absolutely kill them if I knew it was them 100%. I need to replace this thing, especially considering the gouge is right where my hand goes. However, looking at acuraautomotiveparts.org, it seems as though we cannot just order the wrap itself, but we have to order the entire steering wheel and the wrap comes on it. This is nearly $400!!! :eek:

Does anyone know if it is possible just to order a new wrap, or if there are any other alternatives? From peeling up the edge of the wrap by where it touches the steering wheel hub, apparently the part under the wrap was never meant to see the light of day, meaning it's not attractive at all...so just cutting the wrap off is not an option.

WHY must acura put such horrible quality materials in our interiors? The leather on the seats is paper thin, and the steering wheel wraps aren't much better... :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
techmaster said:
Somehow my steering wheel cover/wrap got scratched...and I am talking a DEEP GOUGE!! I think I know who did it and I could absolutely kill them if I knew it was them 100%. I need to replace this thing, especially considering the gouge is right where my hand goes. However, looking at acuraautomotiveparts.org, it seems as though we cannot just order the wrap itself, but we have to order the entire steering wheel and the wrap comes on it. This is nearly $400!!! :eek:

Does anyone know if it is possible just to order a new wrap, or if there are any other alternatives? From peeling up the edge of the wrap by where it touches the steering wheel hub, apparently the part under the wrap was never meant to see the light of day, meaning it's not attractive at all...so just cutting the wrap off is not an option.

WHY must acura put such horrible quality materials in our interiors? The leather on the seats is paper thin, and the steering wheel wraps aren't much better... :(
Aren't are steering wheels designed by MOMO?

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Nismoguy280 said:
Aren't are steering wheels designed by MOMO?

i think so too

lat-R

1 - 3 of 3 Posts