Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Yo Daddeh
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My soft ass stock '03 base clutch isn't cutting it. It doesn't slip or anything. It's just way to soft for me. Which clutch for K's is the stiffest and grabbiest while still being pretty streetable. I love stiff clutches that have a strong friction point but I have no idea what's good for K's yet. I know my Exedy stage 2 in my B16 felt pretty good however, I wouldn't have minded if it was a little stiffer even. Any suggestions? thanks!

·
Yo Daddeh
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I know I def don't NEED it, but I love the feel of it. I WANT it lol. How about a Competition clutch stage 3? My buddy had the stage 3 on his B18C1 and it was pretty strong and stiff.

G

·
'Nuther vote for the CC Stage-4. It is popular with the forced induction crowd, if that gives you an idea of holding power, and the one I felt was quite streetable. Good luck.

·
Retired OG
147,491,196 Posts
yea but it isnt the pedal pressure he is looking for...

CC stg4 IMO is barely heavier than stock

·
Retired OG
147,491,196 Posts
its kinda a pricey clutch but the hypersingle has a heavier clamp load than most clutches but is still very streetable...

IMO TS i dont know why you WANT it, but the exedy stg 2 or CC stg 4 will give you the snappy engagement and slightly stiffer clutch pedal

ACT makes a heavy/xtreme PP but i was told that They wont have anymore till the end of July.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
what about the Clutchmasters FX400?

·
Weightlifting Master
3,311 Posts
ACT 6 puk w/ HD PP is very grabby but the pressure plate isn't bad. Its the disc that makes the engagement more of an off/on switch, it kinda sucks for normal everyday driving especially in tampa rush hour traffic but it really shines when racing.

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
You'll be blowing cmc constently with act goodluck ^^^^^

·
Complete Part Out
16,861 Posts
twin discs can have the same engagement and feel as a stock clutch, they are NOT all the same.

to the threadstarter: i think you would be happy with a more streetable pressure plate and an aggresive clutch disc compound. my CC stg 4 is really pretty awesome

·
Yo Daddeh
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I want a real stiff feel in the pedal itself along with the quick hard engagement. I'm leaning towards the CC3 or the Exedy 2 or 3. Seems like the CC4 would be to much...I dunno

·
Yo Daddeh
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nvm I see that the Competition clutch only has a stage 4. I'd be willing to get that one. My buddy had the stage 3 in his GSR and it was pretty nice. I liked it a lot. Can I use the Type S clutch kit though? I see it says that I have to use the S flywheel in order to use the clutch and everything...that all?

·
The Turnpike Bully
2,845 Posts
what about the Clutchmasters FX400?
The pedal feel on this clutch is the same as stock. You just get more snap with it, and it holds power. Mine haven't slipped yet. If you have a stock clutch and you go to this one you will love it. But if you had a clutch like the exedy stg2 of CC Stg4, you will hate this clutch cause the pedal is so soft.

·
i-VTEC do you?
763 Posts
anyone have clutch masters stg4? i jus ordered it through CRSX store

·
i-VTEC do you?
763 Posts
^lol i didnt see that when i posted...how much power you think it can handle? boost capable?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts