Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Still worth installing RBC?

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  03rsxtypess 
#1 ·
I bought a pre-modified RBC with the hondata gasket from CRSX probably 2-3 years ago. It has been sitting in my garage ever since. My best bud who I modified cars with moved away, and part of my modding passion went with him.

Yesterday, after some idle issues, I cleaned the IACV with my dad. I forgot how much fun it was to tear my shit apart, put it back together, and have it work. I figured the RBC would be a good project for us.

Is it worth it for me to install it after all of this time?

• Car is about to hit 90k
  • I am about to get another car (3-4 months). The RSX will no longer be my daily.
  • I generally keep up with routine maintenance.
  • I have tried to remember/find this answer: do I need a tune after RBC install?
  • Current mods are below.
  • Any questions, comments or concerns?

#6 ·
When you get another car in 3-4 months, do you plan on keeping the RSX? If so, then yes install it. If not, don't even bother installing it, sell it.

#9 ·
Install, enjoy lower intake temps and slightly better airflow, fall in love with modding again. However, taking off the IM was a bitch, but if you like your burger with pickles, go for it brother

#10 ·
Hope so! Soon she won't be dailied anymore and I can do the things I'd like. Which at this point is really just some coils, I've been on springs and stock shocks for way too long.

#13 ·
If you're in no rush port and polish it. Add some more HP. And even without a tune you'll see/feel a difference but to get the best power from the modification you'll want to tune for sure. It will change the A/F RATIOS for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.