Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering if anyone has experienced a stinky AC....I live in Orlando FL and in the winter its about 75 everyday so I dont run the AC much....however the other day I ran it and it was smellin kinda funky!!....I have an 04 S with about 28K on it....whats the deal with that folks??:dontknow:

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
You probably have mildew growing in your system. You might want to change the air cabin filters and run the fan without the a/c for like 10 minutes each day for a few days to dry out the mildew and fungus.

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
Please use the search function - this topic has been covered a lot. To get rid of the smell, just buy new cabin filters and spray a disinfectant into the cowls (by the wiper arms). Let the blower or A/C run for a few minutes as per the instructions on the disinfectant. For future reference, see page 89 of your owners manual as it states exactly how to prevent stale air/moisture from collecting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.