Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,110 Posts
The TSX has a k24a2, not an a8. Those engines are typically not cheap. You can try looking for a jdm one, just make sure it has 3 lobe cams. Don’t put an a3 in there, that is not doing him any favor.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've verified its a tsx so I'm assuming it must be the a2, I will know year and exact engine (in case it has already been swapped) as soon as my guy gets off his a** and looks,lol. This whole deal is not a Performance stand point at all, they just need a A to B vehicle and I have a totalled base model for parts. Plus then I'll hopefully have a buildable a2 for my good base model.

· Super Moderator
2,110 Posts
This is a customer at an actual business correct? If you want him to be happy with a running vehicle, do not use an a3. If you want him to come back complaining about his vehicle not running properly, use an a3.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a few things incorrect. 2010 tsx with k24z3. So basically, it could work but there's potential for running problems? Not just a lack of performance? Yes it's a customer of mine at my shop, the type of customer that opts for wire nuts instead of solder/heat shrink. Lol. Anyway I for sure don't need a headache, was just curious if it would function off the existing electronics and save them a couple thousand. Thanks for all the input

· Registered
20 Posts
I had a few things incorrect. 2010 tsx with k24z3. So basically, it could work but there's potential for running problems? Not just a lack of performance? Yes it's a customer of mine at my shop, the type of customer that opts for wire nuts instead of solder/heat shrink. Lol. Anyway I for sure don't need a headache, was just curious if it would function off the existing electronics and save them a couple thousand. Thanks for all the input
After 2008 tsx, it’s all different. They’re better off selling it, rebuilding it, or getting a junkyard engine for it. Don’t get yourself in that mess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts