Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, before anyone decides to flame me, yes, I did use the search feature, and no, I didn't find what I was looking for.

I have an 02 Type S, and I recently purchased an AEM CAI. I got the instructions on how to install it, but I don't have the instructions to take the old one off. Can someone tell me how you take the stock air box off?

Edit: No, I haven't looked at the Air Box yet. I am simply asking just incase there is some special trick or something I have to do that I won't notice just looking at it.

·
Brevit : the soul of wit
9,422 Posts
Honestly if you can't remove it don't even attempt installing it

I'll install it for you for some $ or if you have a girlfriend or sister :p

·
My torque is low like
12,935 Posts
Ok, before anyone decides to flame me, yes, I did use the search feature, and no, I didn't find what I was looking for.

I have an 02 Type S, and I recently purchased an AEM CAI. I got the instructions on how to install it, but I don't have the instructions to take the old one off. Can someone tell me how you take the stock air box off?
remove everything attached to it :ugh:

The reason you can't find it is because your the only one who needs it :thumbsup:

·
dolan pls
9,956 Posts
Yeah... just unbolt the top and pull it off, the bottom has a few bolts... its pretty easy. If you can't figure this out, IMO taking off the bumper and snaking the CAI up to install it might be a little over your head

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
dude if you cant figure it out just by looking get someone else to do it, so you dont end up running an open throttle body by the end of the day.

its not worth it

·
DC5 Krew
2,827 Posts
yea just take everything off attached to the air box or GTFO!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't looked at it yet, but I don't want to go out and look at it and start unbolting it and find out there is something I am supposed to undo first or something. Like how I hear the Breather hose is a bitch to remove.

Should have figured people would flame, its so easy for someone to arm chair anything now days.

·
From B to K
670 Posts
Dude, if you give me a few minutes, I will go out RIGHT NOW, look at my engine bay, and tell you EXACLTY what to do.

·
From B to K
670 Posts
Ok, I just looked at it..didn't remove anything so if there is a bolt that you can't see I probably didn't mention it ... and I have a base.

But it looks like there is 2 bolts to the left of the airbox and what appears to be another one to the right..I can't really tell if it is one or not. Remove those.

Remove the small hose that goes to the top of the airbox.

Remove the other hose that goes to the tube that connects the airbox to the throttle body.

There is also what appears to be a sensor there, IAT I want to assume. Remove that.

The small plastic cover that says 2.0 on mine. The right part of it is clamped to the plastic tube mentioned before. Just lift the right side to remove it.

Remove the worm clamp connecting the tube to the TB. If that is all there is to remove it, it should come out.

Once again, I just looked at it so I don't know if there is any other hidden bolts that you can't see just by staring at the top of the engine bay.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you can't take off the stock intake box.......you shouldn't be working on your car by yourself.
Look up top. I have to try to take it off, I haven't even looked at it to see how to take it off. Know the facts before trying to sound cool and smart.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, I just looked at it..didn't remove anything so if there is a bolt that you can't see I probably didn't mention it ... and I have a base.

But it looks like there is 2 bolts to the left of the airbox and what appears to be another one to the right..I can't really tell if it is one or not. Remove those.

Remove the small hose that goes to the top of the airbox.

Remove the other hose that goes to the tube that connects the airbox to the throttle body.

There is also what appears to be a sensor there, IAT I want to assume. Remove that.

The small plastic cover that says 2.0 on mine. The right part of it is clamped to the plastic tube mentioned before. Just lift the right side to remove it.

Remove the worm clamp connecting the tube to the TB. If that is all there is to remove it, it should come out.

Once again, I just looked at it so I don't know if there is any other hidden bolts that you can't see just by staring at the top of the engine bay.

Thanks for the help, I'll use this as a base when I install my new Intake on Tuesday. I hear there is a bolt underneath, guessing it would be like the bolts underneath the Head Lamps when you replace those.

·
dolan pls
9,956 Posts
You mentioned nothing about not even looking at the airbox to see how it comes off. We were under the assumption that you couldn't figure it out (yes, it happens). Some people can't figure out how to change the air filter without a PDF and interactive DVD to walk them through it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts