Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much boost can you push safly with the stock 310cc injectors? The lowest i want to boost is 5 psi and the highest is 10. Any incite would be appreciated.

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
Dont boost at all on the stock injectors....Move up to 440's....In Reality you could boost 5psi with the 310's...But they would be completely maxed out....You need to spend the extra money and get 440's

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
ya 440s come with it

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
440's are with greddy's kit and the 550's come with cybernations. I think i might boost 5psi on stock injectors and drive as little as possible then install the 550's. What i read on Honda Tech was to know the amount of hp you can get out of injectors is take that number (550) divide by 5 = 110 Hp per injector. THen take the number and times it by the number of injectors you have and that gives you the most hp you can get out of that set of injectors.

·
6,734 Posts
So by your math I should be able to get 352WHP from my 440's! I know that at WOT the 440's are at about 75% capacity. Not sure if this right or not.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
punkdrum4ever1 said:
440's are with greddy's kit and the 550's come with cybernations. I think i might boost 5psi on stock injectors and drive as little as possible then install the 550's. What i read on Honda Tech was to know the amount of hp you can get out of injectors is take that number (550) divide by 5 = 110 Hp per injector. THen take the number and times it by the number of injectors you have and that gives you the most hp you can get out of that set of injectors.
you already have a turbo? cuz if youre gonna get the greddy,youll have the 440s, and if you get cybernation youll have the 550s,but youre saying youll run stock injectors so im assuming you already have the kit except the injectors?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
punkdrum4ever1 said:
If your gonna spend the money on a turbo kit, you might as well do it right and get the bigger injectors.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It's a custom kit. I am going to order the 440 injectors now since i only plan to boost 10 psi.

EDIT: I just talked to they guy who i bought the kit from. He said he ran on stock injectors for 9,000 miles at 10 psi with no problems.

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
punkdrum4ever1 said:
It's a custom kit. I am going to order the 440 injectors now since i only plan to boost 10 psi.

EDIT: I just talked to they guy who i bought the kit from. He said he ran on stock injectors for 9,000 miles at 10 psi with no problems.
If you have any intention of running the K-Pro (Hondata programmable K series engine management for short) then get 550 cc injectors. We will be including base maps for RC Engineering 550 high impedance injectors. 440 injectors max out at the stock fuel pressure at around 270-290 hp.

·
Registered
164 Posts
injectors

Hondata said:
If you have any intention of running the K-Pro (Hondata programmable K series engine management for short) then get 550 cc injectors. We will be including base maps for RC Engineering 550 high impedance injectors. 440 injectors max out at the stock fuel pressure at around 270-290 hp.
does anyone know where i can get the 550 cc injectors because im gonn a get the programmable k series from hondata and are they hard 2 install

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
punkdrum4ever1 said:

Good for him, but he proably lost power off it and ran rich as hell.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Who Knows. Im gonna upgrade to the 440's asap

1 - 15 of 15 Posts