Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,179 Posts
dude what did you do to improve your top end, so much so that your HP is increasing even until you hit fuel cut (which, btw, why didn't you make it 8600?)? you should post this (and the details) in the dyno thread

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I increased the throttle body size from 70 to 74mm and had my intake manifold ported out. We Kept the red line at 8300 rpm to be safe. my tuner was concerned about the stock retainers, he said he altered the cam timing and that the car had more power in it but it wanted to rev higher. He thought the car could have easily cleared 260hp. I'll post the details on the na dyno page.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A quick performance mod run thru. I got a custom 4 in short ram intake with a velocity stack, skunk2 74mm throttle body ( I'm currently having problems with it sticking so I don't recommend it), plastic throttle body gasket, ported skunk2 pro series manifold, plastic manifold gasket, stock k20z1 with a oil/blow by catch can, asp custom header, 3in exhaust piping, 3in vibrant performance resonator and exhaust. Ecu is ktuner.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wow, very nice! I like the set up you have, and it must be exciting to drive!

I am still enjoying my Ktuner End User with Reflash#1 on it. It's a nice little boost from stock and gets excellent gas mileage. But, there is that little tickle, I get from time to time that desires more HP, and then I get to thinking .... ok, a Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Mani or ported mani such as your, a larger throttle body, and of course a nice RH and get it tuned and then I'll really feel some Gforce in my seat. Then reality sets in and I remember I live in So. Cal. and would have to take the aforementioned components off every 2 yrs in order to pass the smog test. I am just not certain at this time if it is worth the hassle and costs. If only I lived in a remote area such as Imperial County where there are certain areas that are smog exempt, then it would be do-able for sure.

·
Registered
33 Posts

I am still enjoying my Ktuner End User with Reflash#1 on it. It's a nice little boost from stock and gets excellent gas mileage. But, there is that little tickle, I get from time to time that desires more HP, and then I get to thinking .... ok, a Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Mani or ported mani such as your, a larger throttle body, and of course a nice RH and get it tuned and then I'll really feel some Gforce in my seat. Then reality sets in and I remember I live in So. Cal. and would have to take the aforementioned components off every 2 yrs in order to pass the smog test. I am just not certain at this time if it is worth the hassle and costs. If only I lived in a remote area such as Imperial County where there are certain areas that are smog exempt, then it would be do-able for sure.
Hey bro where did you get your reflash ? I live In SoCal too and I’m looking for a local place for get the reflash #2

·
Registered
826 Posts

Hey bro where did you get your reflash ? I live In SoCal too and I’m looking for a local place for get the reflash #2
Look on Ktuner’s website for a local dealer. Last I saw, Bisimoto and ASP Tuning were the only 2 in California.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Not anymore I think Bisimoto never answers calls or emails
That’s unfortunate. Honestly dude, I think you’d be safe getting tuned by anyone that’s tuned Honda’s on any platform. The Ktuner software is pretty straight forward, I can’t imagine anyone capable of using a laptop would have an issue figuring the program out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts