Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Turbo rsx
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Theres threads asking things like this but not with all this info so fill it out.

1. Greddy turbo kit 7 psi no intercooler, k-pro tuned by me,Car had 64k, 600 miles then it caught on fire, dyno number (Never got dyno'd).

Basically i want anyone turbo to put the same info i have displayed to the best of there ability....cause im curious how much abuse these stock motors can take.

If you have anything to add go for it

Updates are encouraged

I think it would also be a good idea...if we can add updates.....so if your setup has changed, motor blew, a large amount of miles added since then, or boost had changed....quote the last post and add your update, to your line.

·
Turbo rsx
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
curious cause im looking to get another rsx-s and sell my truck..and turbo it.

·
Premium Member
15,843 Posts
i didn't know you had two s/n's magnesium :lawl:

·
The Architect™
7,444 Posts
ah, we will see how long mine lasts. I have a peakboost kit, gt3076 turbo, stock motor, converted to a return fuel system, cc stage 4 clutch, 3" exhaust, innovative mounts, kpro, etc.

Daily driving it at 400whp & 280ft/lbs @ 15psi partially tuned and she seems to run better than before she was turboed with the exception of tearing motor mounts, lol. Car was Tuned by Jason (aka St00pid) but I am going back for more tuning in a couple of months.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
1. CN kit 9 psi pump gas 18psi C16, k-pro tuned by hybriddynamics in PA ,Car had 20k, 25k miles then i ran too much boost on not enough race gas and it snapped a rod, dyno number 360whp 9psi 502whp c16

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
I think your missing the point TS and unless you learn from your past mistakes you most likey will have the same problems.

In Theory the stock motor can safely hold 500whp with no problems. (Tranny is another story). What matters most is a conservative tune. Knock (aka pre-detonation) is a engine killer. Also being aware of simple maintance (like fluid levels, oil pressure, etc... ) is also vital to engine life. I see now reason a turboed motor can't got another 60K to 80K miles if proper tuning and maintance are done. But the problem is that most ppl who turbo thier cars didn't put enough research into doing a proper build, and then they did even less research on maintnace and proper driving habits for a turbo car and they blow thier motor in 6K miles and wonder what went wrong. Thats just my opinion

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ive got a cre custom kit borg warner s256 extended tip turbo, return fuel , tuned by jay at carter racing-400whp &276 tq on 10lbs daily driven- driven for about 1yr now and about 20k miles no probs, other than tranny and mounts O-yea tires too

·
Turbo rsx
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
RIP Guru
6,583 Posts
I think your missing the point TS and unless you learn from your past mistakes you most likey will have the same problems.

In Theory the stock motor can safely hold 500whp with no problems. (Tranny is another story). What matters most is a conservative tune. Knock (aka pre-detonation) is a engine killer. Also being aware of simple maintance (like fluid levels, oil pressure, etc... ) is also vital to engine life. I see now reason a turboed motor can't got another 60K to 80K miles if proper tuning and maintance are done. But the problem is that most ppl who turbo thier cars didn't put enough research into doing a proper build, and then they did even less research on maintnace and proper driving habits for a turbo car and they blow thier motor in 6K miles and wonder what went wrong. Thats just my opinion
What kind of driving habits are we talking about here?

·
Drinkin Haterade
5,394 Posts
Theres threads asking things like this but not with all this info so fill it out.

1. Greddy turbo kit 7 psi no intercooler, k-pro tuned by me,Car had 64k, 6k miles then it caught on fire, dyno number (Never got dyno'd).

Basically i want anyone turbo to put the same info i have displayed to the best of there ability....cause im curious how much abuse these stock motors can take.

If you have anything to add go for it

Updates are encouraged

I think it would also be a good idea...if we can add updates.....so if your setup has changed, motor blew, a large amount of miles added since then, or boost had changed....quote the last post and add your update, to your line.
What went wrong did you not upgrade the oil lines? Greddy ones are notorious for mishaps.

·
Turbo rsx
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What went wrong did you not upgrade the oil lines? Greddy ones are notorious for mishaps.
ya i bought the kit used and the oil line was all frayed and fucked up....but i had already started installing the kit before i seen this and i got the rest of the parts the next day and saw that and had to throw it on cause i needed a car to drive....so i put it in all was fine and was looking for upgrades ....and all that....then it just lite up when i went in my house and it was running off the turbo timer

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just recently got my RSX-S boosted. Car had 121k, now its sitting at 122K and i havent had any problems. Heres my mod list: peakboost t3/to4e kit, hondata map sensor, RC 750s, P2R fuel rail, aeromotive FPR, intank walbro, -8an feed and -6 return. CC stg 4 clutch, innovative motor mount, and k-pro. For my exhaust i have the skunk 2 mega power r 70mm. Extras: P2R vacuum block numbers came out to 420whp and 303wtq @ 11 psi, pump gas. I daily drive the car and boost the shit out of it. ITS niiceee.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts