Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bottle of polish and wax from meguairs since summer of 2002. It gets over 120 degrees inside my garage in the summer here in florida. Will the heat and cold mess the ingredients of the product? I have hi-tec yellow wax #26 and mirrow glaze swirl remover, but I keep that in a bag in my closet. My question is, if you store wax and polish in your garage how long will the product still be good for, or it doesn't matter?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Macruz19 said:
I have a bottle of polish and wax from meguairs since summer of 2002. It gets over 120 degrees inside my garage in the summer here in florida. Will the heat and cold mess the ingredients of the product? I have hi-tec yellow wax #26 and mirrow glaze swirl remover, but I keep that in a bag in my closet. My question is, if you store wax and polish in your garage how long will the product still be good for, or it doesn't matter?
I keep all of mine in the garage and it is fine. I don't think that it ever gets to 120 in my garage though. Typical shelf life for Meguiars products is 5 years, I have had bottles of some products longer than that and they are fine. If it ever gets below freezing in your garage I would move them. If they freeze, they will seperate and be worthless. As long as the product smells OK and blends together when shaken you should be fine. If the product ever turns oily or smells bad, through it out.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mistaclean.. I can't wait to use the new Meguiars NXT wax. Wanna use all my #26 before I switch over.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Macruz19 said:
Thanks Mistaclean.. I can't wait to use the new Meguiars NXT wax. Wanna use all my #26 before I switch over.
Expect darker, clearer results with less streaking. I love #26, it is one of my favorite carnauba based products, but seeing NXT is totally different. Post pics when you finish!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts