Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yesterday I decided to change out the exhaust to the original straight pipe from the cat back that was on it cause the other one had a clear leak. I didn't think of it much so I turned the key and it just cranked and didn't start. The car has no prior issue at all. I don't even know what could cause so I'm going to the rabbit hole. I don't know if the battery could have been randomly depleted a bit and I will try jumping it in a bit. The only wires I touched were the o2 sensors. How is this even possible? Would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just experienced an extremely odd issue. As of late, my force controlling siphon chose to break into pieces, the pulley and pulley-shaft isolated from the remainder of the siphon, perplexing the belt. I didn't need the motor to overheat too severely, so I pulled over as fast as could really be expected (was just overheated for possibly 30 seconds).
Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyways if someone is checking up on this thread, had it diagnostics at the shop and they told me the timing jump/off. I did notice during startup something would grind for a second and go normal. I searched and that noise could also be related to the VTC actuator / sprocket. I didn't get any check engine for timing retard/advance so I had no clue. Also it didn't start when the car went from working to on jack stands, then no start. If someone is having a similar issue it could be timing related. I ordered original chain and tensioner and aftermarket rest. Gonna get the car back soon and confirm timing is off and if I have any bent valves.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well timing was off replaced chain and tensioner and chain was stretched. Everything seems to be back to normal but I started having weird idle issues 1-2k rpm bouncing intake air leak. p0505 iacv, now rpm is stable around 1k arm idle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts