Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have been using meguiars car shampoo on my car for awhile now and ive been noticing streaks when i dry my car. i can see them alot more after i wipe over them when drying than when its really dry. so i was wondering if anyone else had this using car shampoo.

also i wanted to know if ppl who had used car shampoo experienced rust problems too. i havent research much but my friend whos been using car shampoo says it wont rust.

thanks in advance :D

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
Hey Roger, what are you using to wipe the car? Those absorber things do a horrid job of drying so if you're using that then get a microfiber (waffleweave) towel. I think that is what's giving you those streaks (from my experience anyway - I used to use the absorber as well). As for the car shampoo, it won't cause your car to rust but moisture that doesn't evaporate will. So keep the wheel wells and undercarriage clean so dirt doesn't accumulate and trap moisture.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
Big blue does an excellent job

·
Registered
174 Posts
yeah rinse your car thoroughly. absorber is decent for drying but once it gets old it gets deteriorated and losing a lot of its ability.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
k204lyfe said:
yeah rinse your car thoroughly. absorber is decent for drying but once it gets old it gets deteriorated and losing a lot of its ability.
ive been doing that lately and the streaks dont appear anymore... thanks all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts