Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my neons just came in - im about to install them underneath my front seats

i got 2 x 10" tubes (red).

they kit says to like plug the cord from the neon into the cigarette lighter

but i have 2 neons, and i cant put two plugs into one cigarrete lighter; also, i dont want to plug them in there at all.

has anybody installed neons without using the cigarrette lighter?

is there a way to bypass it so i can plug the wires like behind the cigarrette lighter or something

i heard u could like tap into the cigarrette lighter source or something. :confused:

·
RSX-Newb
1,718 Posts
you can buy an input for ur cigarette lighter, so that theres 2 outputs (like a cable splitter), so u can fit both of the inputs in/

·
Registered
670 Posts
yeah I have the same tubes from streetglow, same sizes.
I put them under my front seats. I placed the wires around the center console so that no one can see the wires. I actually tucked in the wires inside the plastics.Also I bought 3-1 thing so that I could plug in 3 things at same time.
I carefully placed that next to the center console using 3m double sided tapes.
There is a way to use wires into instead of cigarette plug but I didn't want to make it permanent. I want to take it off whenever and sell it off. If you use wires to connect these neons, it's permanent and such a hassle to take it on and off.
It's your choice. It's your car, anyways.
Hope u make wise choice. Good luck.
BTW underseater RED neons are great. It's very fancy and you wont regret it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
starmax:

where is that "transformer" in the center console?

also, if i were to just wire the neons directly to the transformer, without the switch, would the light be on all the time?

if i cant install that switch and if i just want to install the neons so that there arent 2 huge plugs going into my cig lighter like Emy said, where could i tap the wiring into?

isnt there a thing behind the cig lighter?

gawd this is so confusing

thanks so much in advance, for all ur help

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
the92pheish said:
starmax:

where is that "transformer" in the center console?

also, if i were to just wire the neons directly to the transformer, without the switch, would the light be on all the time?

if i cant install that switch and if i just want to install the neons so that there arent 2 huge plugs going into my cig lighter like Emy said, where could i tap the wiring into?

isnt there a thing behind the cig lighter?

gawd this is so confusing

thanks so much in advance, for all ur help
For 12v power I tapped into the cig lighter wire, so if you don't want to use a switch you could use that, but then your Neons will be on as whenever your car on.

I bought the mini-neons from Street Glow, so in that setup both neons connect to the provided transformer, and the transformer is what you connect to the 12v power supply. So I put the transformer in my center console, near my e-brake. You can see it in this picture:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rsxtc123 said:
yeah I have the same tubes from streetglow, same sizes.
I put them under my front seats. I placed the wires around the center console so that no one can see the wires. I actually tucked in the wires inside the plastics.Also I bought 3-1 thing so that I could plug in 3 things at same time.
I carefully placed that next to the center console using 3m double sided tapes.
There is a way to use wires into instead of cigarette plug but I didn't want to make it permanent. I want to take it off whenever and sell it off. If you use wires to connect these neons, it's permanent and such a hassle to take it on and off.
It's your choice. It's your car, anyways.
Hope u make wise choice. Good luck.
BTW underseater RED neons are great. It's very fancy and you wont regret it.
so you have a "router" for the cigarrtte plug? so one plug goes into the actual cigarrte lighter and then u have a little box that has 3 other holes in it so u can plug 3 other neon plugs in that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts