Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday there are local bay area racing. Usually when I have nothing planned for my midnight schedule, I'll attend to watch the races, sometimes i'll participate in it myself. Every night except a few have turned out great and unexpected. There are cars that are both domestic and imports, making the shows nice and mysterious.

However, last night there was a street race in Oakland, and as two cars were racing, a third bike decided to participate as well (don't know why he would do this). The first car (car A) smoked the second car (car B). As car B misshifted, he realized he could not even have a chance, so a few yards into the race, he started to turn around. Right as he turned two feet left, the bike doin a wheelie goin down at quick speed went right into him. T-Boned, and flew many feet up and over. His bike hit car B, and the impact made the bike go an opposite way and slide into an Evo.

We can only pray that the biker is still alive. :(
Even though I wasn't apart of this incident, besides being a viewer/supporter at the street race, I can finally say I understand why everyone on the forums say: "take it to the track, and leave it off the streets".

·
Registered
842 Posts
bikers bounce back. a flip and a fly will hurt but as long as you don't land on your head you've got 90% chance. if he was doing a wheelie though i suspect he will be missing a testicle or two.

organized street racing is fine in my book, but most street racing is not organized. just a bunch of people spot racing and returning the same way hoping another race hasn't started.

·
Now you see me...
1,321 Posts
I've heard too many stories like this. :( It happens around here all the time... not during street races persay but it's almost like signing a death certificate buying a bike down here in S. Florida :( :( :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts