Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I found the website for the NuImageAutosports (the guys with the 10 second, k-pro powered, insight). So I e-mailed them about tuning the k-pro I will be ordering this week. They said I should call and make an appointment, but that they do street tuning. Only use the dyno to find out HP numbers. Now I definately know that these guys are legit, because their cars are bad ass, that and they have a lot of experience tuning the k-pro. My question is, what do you guys think about "street tuning"? Their webiste is www.NuImageAutosports.com if anyone else is interested in them. Thanks.

·
N/A to go please...
1,787 Posts
Street tuning can be a big help. But my question is and always will be how do you determine if an adjustment you made actually netted you anything?? Butt dyno can't do it. Only a proper dyno can.

I'm not an expert in tuning by any stretch, but I'm a big believer in empirical data. Show me a dyno that says 'this adjustment gained you 5 hp' and I'll believe you. Tell me that the adjustment you made is good because you think it's a good idea, and I'll always have my doubts. Wouldn't matter to me if it was Chris, or Hondata, or some dude down the street. I obviously respect their opinion and expertise, but show me the proof.

You might also note that Hondata and Chris only tune using a dyno. :)

My $.02

Peace

WhiZ

·
I love Audi Junkie!!!
3,072 Posts
pints99 said:
So, I found the website for the NuImageAutosports (the guys with the 10 second, k-pro powered, insight). So I e-mailed them about tuning the k-pro I will be ordering this week. They said I should call and make an appointment, but that they do street tuning. Only use the dyno to find out HP numbers. Now I definately know that these guys are legit, because their cars are bad ass, that and they have a lot of experience tuning the k-pro. My question is, what do you guys think about "street tuning"? Their webiste is www.NuImageAutosports.com if anyone else is interested in them. Thanks.
I personally know Norris, and many of the other guys at NuImage, and they are very legit...

They are very exsperienced tuners, and will get you all taken care of!!!

See ya,
JMS

·
Technical Director KSP
82 Posts
I tune using both, Dyno and street. THe dyno cannot always produce real world load situations. With a wideband on the street you can tune those almost impossible map areas and get that "perfect" tune. Its much harder to tune an entire map on the street however because of the added factors of traffic and changing conditions. Dyno, then street then track tune IMHO.

·
All Motor ONLY
87 Posts
most guys use street tuning for part throttle tuning.

nuimage is good, have heard some good and bad things about nuimage and norris on honda-tech.

but thats not the only place you can get the kpro tuned in VA as there is probably 2 or 3 other hondata tuners that are just as good or better.

·
I love Audi Junkie!!!
3,072 Posts
yeer said:
most guys use street tuning for part throttle tuning.

nuimage is good, have heard some good and bad things about nuimage and norris on honda-tech.

but thats not the only place you can get the kpro tuned in VA as there is probably 2 or 3 other hondata tuners that are just as good or better.

I had my first Hondata system tuned by Autothority , in VA, a few year back... They did a shit job, the final tune was very messy. It looked like it was tuned by a twelve year old and the part throttle ignition curve was all broken and choppy, cusing very rough drivability issues.. I don't know if they have changed thier methods yet, but the tuner didn't even make use of the greatest feature of Hondata.. Map tracing...

He inserted an external wideband into the tailpipe, and read the meter, then adjusted fuel by sight... The end result was rough and disturbing...

However, I have to thank them, because though I shelled out several hundred dollars for a tune I threw away several days later, they forced me to learn how to tune the car myself, which started me down the path I am currently running merily along!!!

MY 2 cents!!!

-JMS

P.S. This was a few years back and they may have gotten better by now, but I am still a little bitter, that I just threw away a bunch of money on nothing...

·
Registered
949 Posts
WhiZ said:
You might also note that Hondata and Chris only tune using a dyno. :)

My $.02

Peace

WhiZ

I thought hondata also street tuned using a G-sensor? I could be wrong, but I could have swore they said it or maybe I'm making this up :D

·
N/A to go please...
1,787 Posts
JTSmith said:
I thought hondata also street tuned using a G-sensor? I could be wrong, but I could have swore they said it or maybe I'm making this up :D
Quite right... My apologies... My statement should have been Hondata/Chris tune *primarily* using a dyno, not exclusively.

Peace

WhiZ

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JMShipp2 said:
I personally know Norris, and many of the other guys at NuImage, and they are very legit...

They are very exsperienced tuners, and will get you all taken care of!!!

See ya,
JMS
I figured they were legit, I wasn't worried about it. I guess I don't need to extract every possible bit of power, Ill go nuts with dyno tuning when I get some cams. I'd just like get the k-pro tuned for I/H/E. I'm just gonna do some small engine shit for the next few months (i.e IMG, TB bypass, maybe JDM IM) so I can make small fuel adjustments myself and then get it tuned again once I have cams.

edit- VA is a 4 or 5 hour hike from me, but I'd really love to go somewhere that has experience with the k-pro. Does anyone know someone in the Ny/Nj area?

·
I love Audi Junkie!!!
3,072 Posts
pints99 said:
I figured they were legit, I wasn't worried about it. I guess I don't need to extract every possible bit of power, Ill go nuts with dyno tuning when I get some cams. I'd just like get the k-pro tuned for I/H/E. I'm just gonna do some small engine shit for the next few months (i.e IMG, TB bypass, maybe JDM IM) so I can make small fuel adjustments myself and then get it tuned again once I have cams.

edit- VA is a 4 or 5 hour hike from me, but I'd really love to go somewhere that has experience with the k-pro. Does anyone know someone in the Ny/Nj area?

Have you referenced Hondata's online list of dealers?

http://www.hondata.com/contact.html

There are a few listed in NY...

-JMS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.