Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the movie "Fast and the Furious," are those neon lightings under your car illegal? I heard that you could turn it on when you are parking. Is this true? I would appreciate your help...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
plz don't get the neon under-glow..

its too much.. its ugly.. its rice.. its gay..

if you want neon get it inside the mouth of your bumper where your radiator is .. that would look pretty cool...

but it is matter personal taste.. it is your choice..

·
www.arsoct.com
1,153 Posts
yeah it is....i have it tucked up under my trim kit, and had to cut the rear tow hook off so nothing is visible.

To those people who say rice, ha 50's hotrods were the original users of neon kits. Just keep the hate to yourself.

·
www.arsoct.com
1,153 Posts
Randeezle said:
JohnnySamply:

Your car is badass. I had the same vision for my (future) RSX-S. Love the underglow:thumbsup:

Those rims are cool too, I plan on getting the "SuperLeggras" <-- i think thats how its spelled:dontknow:

[email protected]

thanks alot....my boy has those rims on his integra. They are real hot, I think they might be on back order until September, I had heard that somewhere.

www.teamsample.com/IC3/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hate ppl who say things are rice, its all about personal taste. I should be getting my RSX-S in like 2 weeks, and i wanna slap sum neon on it, but maybe 2 subtle peices parallel to the door, I see a lot of old ITR's with one neon peice and it looks good. i know its illegal, but u think blue or red would look better on the white rsx???? and i wanna do it on thje inside of the car also
( under the dash) But check you state laws, I know blue and red are illegal, but cops generally dont care. basically if ure doing sumthing illegal in your car, turn them off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
crazy_canuck said:

BTW, its O.Z Racing Superleggera's.
Gotcha... Thanks:thumbsup:

I just think id depends on where you live. In norCal, Underglows are really nice, but they're not some new exciting invention. They've been around for years. Whats the point of calling that rice. It depends on what kind of car has underglow. IMO, some cars with underglow make them look cheaper. Anything that takes away from the visual integrity, im against. Underglows look pretty sweet on a good car.

Ever seen them on a supra/NSX? Even the RSX... It doesent take anything away from the car. They look very nice indeed. And its not like you have to roll around with them on forever, just when you want them on. Its nice to just have that as an option if you want it. Id install them for the fun of it.

All I can say is just dont be a gay driver. Last friday on the Goldmember premiere, my local Movie Theater turned into a Freakin Car show. Super High-End cars all over the place. We get out of my car, and what do I see roll by? I see a white Kia with Yellow underglows. At first im not hatin because thats not my nature, but when this fool starts to rev his little go-ped engine, I was just ashamed of him.

[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
my brother had them about 7-8? years ago on his dodge shadow...and he would get pulled over (they were blue) b/c they are emergency colors??? I think just red and blue are the ones that you can get pulled over for though

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FutureBagdA4 said:
my brother had them about 7-8? years ago on his dodge shadow...and he would get tickets (they were blue) b/c they are emergency colors??? I think just red and blue are the ones that you can get pulled over for though
If you know, how much were the tickets?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
FutureBagdA4 said:
my brother had them about 7-8? years ago on his dodge shadow...and he would get tickets (they were blue) b/c they are emergency colors??? I think just red and blue are the ones that you can get pulled over for though
do you know if there's a site that summarizes all the states' law about these neons?? i know there are a few for tint laws..but never came across the ones for undercar neon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
OK...what happened was is that he got pulled over for them, but was let off with a warning. The cop said that they are illegeal because they are distracting to drivers. Hope this helps at all.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
From streetglow.com

This is straight from horse's mouth (Street Glow's FAQ page, to be precise):

Q: I'd like to install neon lights on my car, but I don't know if they're legal in my area. What should I do?

A: Well best thing to do is go down to your local court house, or police station. And ask them about neon lights. They'll tell you everything you need to know to avoid trouble. Most states have laws against certain colors, such as red and blue. But other colors are usually tolerated by the patrolling officers and you shouldn't receive any trouble. You could also ask someone on the message board. We are also working on a new feature where you can enter your state and search for comments left by others in your state on the legal issues.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.