Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
deployed somewhere
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to go to the races in hachinohe last night. It was cold as fuck and i thought nobody would be there. suprisingly there were quite a few people at the drift pad and at the strip. They race at a ferry wharf here and it's sick as hell. There was this one celica gt4 that has this misfiring kit which allows him to boost pretty high off the line or something. Anyways, he get's some of the best launches i've ever seen. I'll have to record it and show you all a clip of it. It sounds like his engine is about to go and then when the flag man gives them the signal, he leaps on everyone off the line. Does anyone know what this kit is or what exactly it does. Thanks :thumbsup:

·
deployed somewhere
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also, do you know of any jdm makers of this type of setup. I looked at msd and they have a setup that allows this function. Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
I don't know of any specific JDM ones, but I know there are some. The AEM EMS has this option on it and now some individual units are becoming available. Just do a google search.

·
deployed somewhere
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll try to do it this weekend. Last weekend the cops were being dicks and there wasnt a single race, only drifting. So hopefully this weekend there will be some action.

·
Power of Dreams
3,036 Posts
So you finally made it over to Japan! When did you get up there? Too bad we are hours upon hours away by jet. If you get the chance to come down to Okinawa, let me know, we can hook up sometime.

Chris

·
deployed somewhere
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been down there twice since january. It amazed me at the cars down there. Tricked out R33's, I even saw a few R34's. Damn, I guess ppl have money down there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thats dope take some movies for us and post them, so we all can see some of the action. Thanks and have fun.

·
Registered
154 Posts
that rev limiter is called a "stutter box" It allows you to engage a second rev limiter for first gear so that you can launch on full boost and not have to keep your eyes on the tach. it is pretty common on DSM's you could find out more on one of their boards.

Josh

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
The hardcore street races are very rare these days. Nobody wants to get caught street racing because the fines are so expensive. They have cops in Skyline GT-Rs catching these people.

But in greater Toyko area, you can see lots of nice cars roaming the streets. GT-Rs, Imprezas, Evolutions, RX-7s and the kind. You'll even see them line up at redlights and go at it for maybe the first gear or two, but that's about all the action you'll see.

I'm heading back this September:)

·
deployed somewhere
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
shit, here the cops break it up but never give tickets since it's on private property. You can take your car through 4 or 5 gears here. It's so damn fun. Especially this week because it's a week full of japanese holidays, everyone is here everynight, it's too much. I love it here!!

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
AirforceRSXtypeS said:
shit, here the cops break it up but never give tickets since it's on private property. You can take your car through 4 or 5 gears here. It's so damn fun. Especially this week because it's a week full of japanese holidays, everyone is here everynight, it's too much. I love it here!!
Where is Misawa?

I live in Niigata when I'm there, that's where my in-laws live.

·
Registered
305 Posts
AirforceRSXtypeS said:
I decided to go to the races in hachinohe last night. It was cold as fuck and i thought nobody would be there. suprisingly there were quite a few people at the drift pad and at the strip. They race at a ferry wharf here and it's sick as hell. There was this one celica gt4 that has this misfiring kit which allows him to boost pretty high off the line or something. Anyways, he get's some of the best launches i've ever seen. I'll have to record it and show you all a clip of it. It sounds like his engine is about to go and then when the flag man gives them the signal, he leaps on everyone off the line. Does anyone know what this kit is or what exactly it does. Thanks :thumbsup:
2 step set-up???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts