Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Bmore211
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always been in pretty good shape. I have been a moderate to heavy lifter. For the past month though, I decided to change myself to a long distance runner because i want to run a half marathon. I have been losing weight very quickly and I know some of it is muscle loss during the transition, but I noticed stretch marks near my arm pits this morning when I got out of the shower, and 2 small ones on my abdominals. I dont really know where stretch marks come from but I have always known them to be on fat people. Can anyone explain why I am getting these things all of a sudden?

·
Banned
6,586 Posts
I think stretch marks are genetic i have stretch marks right above my armpit area extending out to my chest. My friend worked out with me same weight height build never got one :(

·
Arnold is Numero Uno
5,093 Posts
Well I weighed 227 last month, Im down to 216 now. I suppose its the rapid weight loss. Is there anything I can put on my body to fade them out or prevent them?
Moisturizers in the area is supposed to help. Go to CVS and get lotion made for pregnant women.

·
omoshiroi son
1,280 Posts
yea its part of genetics, elasticity of skin. some people put on crazy size and don't get em and others.. well do.

yea what min said, the preggo ladies lotion. Can't prevent it, but you can fade em out a LITTLE;don't expect it to be gone.

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
I have stretch marks on my biceps from them getting smaller

1 - 19 of 19 Posts