Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Go-Go JDM Power!!
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Despite some pretty treacherous conditions that saw 10 cars go off the track (and when I say go off, I mean "BAM!!!!" as in smacking the wall) I was able to walk away with an ever-so-slightly messed up DC5 and a First Place Street Class FWD win.

There was a lot of competition from some very experienced locals that made things that much tougher. Heading into the last round, it looks like I've got a 30 point lead (1 win's worth) over the next closest Street Class FWD competitor in the National Points Championship, but seeing as how it's COBB's Mazdaspeed 3, I can only hope and pray that they don't show up to any more events, lol. TopSpeed's Subaru took the overall championship it a nail-biting finish.

I'm still kinda exhausted from the fact that we trailered 13-straight hours each way for this event, leaving right after the awards ceremony. That, and I've got a seriously sprained thumb/wrist from hitting the tire wall...you'd think that I've watched enough F1 to know that when someone hits the wall, they're supposed to take their hands off the wheel...stupid me...steering wheel spoke jammed up in between my thumb and index finger really hard and has made using my left hand a nightmare (I'm left handed...go figure).

Anyway, I'm just glad I made it out in one piece after seeing all the carnage. Here are a few pics...some have been stolen, lol. Many thanks to everyone who made it out for the event, it was a real pleasure getting to meet everyone. Things like that made the trip so much more worthwhile. (Thanks to CWestinRSX for some of the pics!)

Right after the "jump"...notice the suspension travel on the car...

TIME ATTACK FORUMS ARTICLE:
http://www.timeattackforums.com/forums/news/803-redline-ta-round-6-results.html

this moron...

·
Super Taikyu
402 Posts
looks like alot of fun
that 2nd last picture looks as if you are on nurgburgring

·
©©
2,053 Posts
nice bro. but what kind off damage did you and your car take?

·
Go-Go JDM Power!!
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys!

Actually, that banked "bowl" area is a dimensional model of Der Nurburgring, which was pretty wild to drive!

As far as the damage, most of it was pounded out from the inside as I removed the interior...and the J's bumper just needed to have new attachment points made, so other than cleaning it up, removing as much rubber as possible, fixing the bumper and pounding out whatever dents we could, we were all fixed in about 15 minutes. If you look at that first picture you can see some of the scrapes and rubber that wasn't able to be removed, but that's about it,

·
Andy wuz here
19,454 Posts
congrats mike

·
return of the infamous...
59,168 Posts
dude thats soo dope!!
and looks way fun!!

·
Go-Go JDM Power!!
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks a ton you guys!!!!!! It's funny, but I was talking to my buddy Greg about it yesterday, but things have really evolved since when we started. I mean, last year we were prepping the car outside the shelled frame of his brand new shop site, not sure what in the world was going to happen. Both of us were starting in NASA HPDE 1 and weren't sure what to expect.

If someone would have told me while I was sitting under the car that a year and a half later, I'd be one of the top Street Class FWD cars in the Redline Time Attack series with a handful of good friends to help me, I'd laugh hysterically. It's almost like we've evolved into a little team of sorts, and it's one of the coolest things ever just to look back and see the hard work starting to pay off. I know I still have a long way to go to really be considered a decent competitor, as I'd like to move up to Modified class, but it's so exciting to see how far things have already come.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts