Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am doing some exhaust work, and went to remove the oxygen sensors from my testpipe last night. The secondary came out fine, but the primary was a son of a bitch. Took the entire testpipe off and had to use vice grips on the primary to break it free after fucking with it for about an hour.

Needless to say, the threads on the sensor are completely done.

The sensor itself was in good working order, so obviously I'd like to salvage it. Anyone on the forums ever try to re-thread an oxygen sensor, and if so, did you have any luck? Gonna bring it into my office to have our mechanic take a look at it.

Thoughts?

·
7,611 Posts
The threads are done, or the edges are rounded off??

I don't have any experience with re-threading an O2 sensor, but I'm interested in knowing if I'll be able to successfully remove my OEM sensors from OEM cat for first time in 6 years/78K miles.....

·
HONDA PACT
1,867 Posts
do you have a picture of the o2? you might be able to use a outside thread chaser if theres still some threads on it.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The threads are done, or the edges are rounded off??

I don't have any experience with re-threading an O2 sensor, but I'm interested in knowing if I'll be able to successfully remove my OEM sensors from OEM cat for first time in 6 years/78K miles.....
The threads are done. The area that is threaded to screw into the O2 bung is basically completely round now, lol. I just hate to buy another O2 sensor if the only thing wrong with this one is the threads. If our shop mechanic can't do anything with it, then I guess I'll have no choice. We'll see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts