Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I just discovered I blew the headgasket on my 06 Type S , so I’m stuck between either getting a k20a or rebuilding the motor , my thing is if I rebuild it what should I do as far as parts ? I’m
Planning to build the car for boost & I wanna put a good 350-375hp reliable & I also want it to have room
Just incase I can go up to the 400 range ? Someone give me a direction or what should I do because I’m lost ? There really isn’t a budget just which direction makes more sense

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What exactly caused the headgasket to blow?
So the car started to overheat , I changed the radiator the car was good then it started to happen again so I changed the thermostat , it was good for a little bit but now people is saying the headgasket is gone , ?

·
Registered
244 Posts
imo I would scratch the idea of getting a k20a. You could easily build the K20z1 for cheaper than k20a. Read the write-ups on a k24 swap w/the k20 head as well. You'd enjoy the extra torque that the k24 would put out. Here are some links that have the parts you may want for the build www.kseriesparts.com and kmodperformance.com.

·
Registered
113 Posts
So the car started to overheat , I changed the radiator the car was good then it started to happen again so I changed the thermostat , it was good for a little bit but now people is saying the headgasket is gone , ?
Wait so you aren't 100% sure the headgasket is blown?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wait so you aren't 100% sure the headgasket is blown?
yes I’m not 100% right now but it’s acting like it is , the motor is definitely not 100% healthy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imo I would scratch the idea of getting a k20a. You could easily build the K20z1 for cheaper than k20a. Read the write-ups on a k24 swap w/the k20 head as well. You'd enjoy the extra torque that the k24 would put out. Here are some links that have the parts you may want for the build www.kseriesparts.com and kmodperformance.com.
So how I can get a k20a for 3k so what’s a good engine build for a k20z1 for a budget of 3-4K

·
Fast and Furious
585 Posts
Timing chain. any codes

Timing chain degrades performance but should throw a code. I am going through same thing only I have code for chain. I want to straight k24a4 but can't find parts list anymore. So if anyone has the list.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts