Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CANG
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend and i had a argument about which is better for drag or the fastest. ff or fr. well, i wasn't sure, and he said fr, but i told him sometimes ff is faster. he doesn't believe me. dont get all pissed off and flame me if i am wrong but, besides those rocket drags, i thought the fastest drags are made of ff. actually i am confused too cause i have seen ppl convert focus to fr and some rx-7s are made ff. if i am wrong can someone give me reason and examples of any?

oh and i told he awds can't do drag. my friend also doesn't believe me. he said i lack common sense. :confused: :spin: :eek: :( :nervous:

:shooting: my tomodachi

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I think your friend is right. Now I don't know what you mean by FF and FR, but the fastest drag cars are rear wheel drive. Also cars like WRX or Lancer EVO are great in the 1/4 mile drag race because all wheel drive gives them a great advantage at launch (not much wheelspin).

·
CANG
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gibhunter said:
I think your friend is right. Now I don't know what you mean by FF and FR, but the fastest drag cars are rear wheel drive. Also cars like WRX or Lancer EVO are great in the 1/4 mile drag race because all wheel drive gives them a great advantage at launch (not much wheelspin).
but i thought awd doing drag racing tears up something in the gearbox?

·
Registered
87 Posts
FF = Front Engine / Front Wheel Drive (rsx, etc)
FR = Front Engine / Rear wheel Drive (supra, etc)

you also can see

MR = Mid Engine / Rear wheel drive (mr2, etc)
RR = Rear Engine / Rear wheel drive (porsche, etc)

anyhow onto the argument at hand....

When you hit the gas in a car the weight shifts backwards. This is why front wheel drive cars have so much trouble getting traction off the line vs an equivalent rear wheel drive car (hp and gearing being the same)... the simple fact that when you slam on the gas the weight shifts backwards is to say why RR cars are better for drag racing because now the weight is sitting on the rear tires... or the drive tires.

Now when it comes to a auto-x, we have a whole new ballgame where opinions, driving style and of course physical limitations come into play

G

·
PuckPuck said:
When you hit the gas in a car the weight shifts backwards.
this is the reason Steph Papadakis just built a new rear wheel drive Civic for the 03 season

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.