Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Go-Go JDM Power!!
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed kpro...

I haven't uploaded any other maps to the ecu and just left it as is.

I sent in my ECU w/ my key and my immobilizer.

Car works, runs fine so far (maybe better than before, but that could be a placebo effect, coupled with the fact that I've been driving an automatic Integra LS for the last few days) with no knocks or anything.

Any reason why the key light is flashing?

Is it supposed to do that, or is there something I can or should do?

Didn't quite find an answer when I searched, and reading what other problems coincided with the flashing green key thing just made me more paranoid.

Thanks for the help, and my apologies for the lame (and probably repetitive) question.

· N/A to go please...
1,787 Posts
Read Conrad's FAQ at the top of the ECU tuning forum please. It's a sticky, so it'll be the first post.

K-Pro calibrations are set with the immobilizer off. So long as your ECU is for the car you install it in, you can go into the software, load a calibration (stock tuned or the coldair one if you have a CAI), Ctrl-2 to bring up parameters, click on Misc, check the 'Immobilizer enabled' box, upload your calibration. If you install the ECU into somebody else's car with the immobilizer enabled, the car will ot start. Disable it, and it'll be fine, but you'll have the flashing key.

That will get rid of the flashing green light.

Oh, and I believe the ECU is shipped back to you with the stock settings, so this will also probably give you the 'Hondata' performance boost you paid for. :)

Peace

WhiZ

· Go-Go JDM Power!!
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow...I completely forgot to check the FAQ...of all things.

Thanks very much for your help! Now I can get my ass up and go to work with no worries. :thumbsup:

· Registered
87 Posts
does anyone know how to get rid of the flashing green key, that signify's that the immobilizer is off, altogether?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.