Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

So i bought some sub's and a amp off a buddy of mine. Not expecting much for what i paid.

He shows up to my house with a very nice box and 2 12" 25th anv subs and a 1000 watt PPI amp i want just like wow dude thats pimp.

Hooked them up that night drove around tuning the amp in and what have you

We wanted to turn down the gain cause these subs were just crushing shit.

So i open my trunk and see that one of the speaker wires seemed to have vibrated out. Shit the gauge of speaker wire is massive to where it hooks up to the amp and the box.

So we turn down the Gain . call it a night .

I wake up the next morning excited to bump my way to work

Get in turn on the radio and nothing no bump what so ever i think to my self shit okay maybe i need to put that wire back on the amp.

I turn up the gain and man they just sound like shit.

Now between the time of me turning down the gain on the amp the night before the car being off and the next morning i heard no pop or crack or any indication the sub was going out or blown.

So i get to work pissed take the amp off and speaker wire take a bout 40 mins to wind the wire as small as it can and put in in the amp.

Now i have another problem with every thing hooked back up my right sub is rattling. I held the edge of the sub (the area that screws into the box) the rattling stops and the sub hits alot harder.

So i wonder what could be my problem ?

Did i some how blow a sub over night ? or is the sub loose to the box ?

Sorry for the long story guys im just stumpped.

Mindless

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Sub is loose tighten it into the box

·
Coming soon!
1,498 Posts
lol make sure all the screws are tight! Your box was leaking air from the cornors causing the sub to sound like crap! Just tighten up all the screws and youll be all good!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys rule i will do this asap ! Thanks again guys :)

Mindless

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So i tightend the screws still sounds the same is there a way to check the subs if they are not on ?

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
5,293 Posts
So i tightend the screws still sounds the same is there a way to check the subs if they are not on ?
put your hand on it and if its hitting the same as the other than its working.

the wires could be switched.. + -

or you blew them....

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats the odd thing from what i can hear the right one rattles but once i hold the rim of the sub to the box it hits deep again very odd.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
5,293 Posts
Thats the odd thing from what i can hear the right one rattles but once i hold the rim of the sub to the box it hits deep again very odd.
could be your box, if its vented then it might be one of the interior wood panels.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
could be your box, if its vented then it might be one of the interior wood panels.
Hmmm i will check the box for sure. i was thinking maybe the box as well some of the screws just kept spinning so maybe thats what my vibration is the sub isn't sealing the box ?

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
Hmmm i will check the box for sure. i was thinking maybe the box as well some of the screws just kept spinning so maybe thats what my vibration is the sub isn't sealing the box ?
if the screws are just spinning then the holes are stripped and you need to rotate the sub in the box an do new screw holes or drill all the way through and use t-bolts and nuts to hold the subs in place.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if the screws are just spinning then the holes are stripped and you need to rotate the sub in the box an do new screw holes or drill all the way through and use t-bolts and nuts to hold the subs in place.
Thank you sir i shall do this on the weekend :)

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just an update. had to take the subs out of the box and use good wire and connection to the back of the box shit hits like a mad man :) ty again guys

Mindless

1 - 12 of 12 Posts